Focal Electra 920 Floorstanding Speakers

4.93/5 (15 Reviews) MSRP : $5000.00

Submitted by Audio a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: November 3, 2016

Bottom Line:
Zestaw glosnikowy Electra 920.1 zakupilem jako uzywany. Przed zakupem mialem mozliwosc wysluchania. Poprzednio mialem takze mozliwosc sluchania modeli innych firm (np. B&W za 30000 $). Electra 920.1 graly moim zdaniem lepiej i niesamowicie - szczególy, przestrzen, kontrolowany bas, wysokie tony wszystko idealnie dostrojone do calosci. Electra 920.1 oceniam bardzo, bardzo dobrze - jestem wrecz zachwycony.
Osobiscie nie spotkalem lepszych glosników w tej cenie (producenta 5000 $).
Z pewnoscia wiele z najnowszych obecnie produkowanych zestawów glosnikowych nie moze sie nawet zblizyc do wspanialego brzmienia Electra 920.1.
Dodatkowej klasy dodaje stosunkowo solidne wykonanie (para prawie 100 kg ) i wyglad, ale to jest kwestia gustu.

Pozdrawiam.

Submitted by Torleif Soderlund a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: September 24, 2002

Bottom Line:
This is a great speaker and quite a bargain here in Europe compared to US prices. I previously owned B&W 801 series 2 speakers and compared to them the JMLab 920.1 is more transparent, less colored and has a much tighter bass. After having them for a year I blew the tweeter. I decided to change the tweeter to the same model which is used in the new Electra-line (926,936,946).The change was done for both speakers. For those who do not have blown their tweters I urge you to make this change . It is a surprisingly cheap upgrade. The new tweeter model is one of the best on market and is easily replaced by anyone who can use a solder iron. The sound improves after a break-in period astonishingly.

Submitted by Chris a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: December 25, 2001

Bottom Line:
Connected to a Denon 3802 the sound is really cool.
Due to the room I've a loss of clarity but the problem don't comes from the speaker but the wall and the floor (many reflections).

Submitted by Lee F a Audiophile

Date Reviewed: November 9, 2001

Bottom Line:
I have 3 stereo systems, using the JMLab Electra 920.1's in my ofice/listening room set-up.
I am using SET tube mono blocks and the Electras sound awesome. They are easy to listen to and sound very natural, especially with small ensembles and acoustic instruments. I mostly listen to Jazz and Classic. I am very happy with the Electras.
I use them with an ARCAM alpha 9 CD player.

To get the very low notes, I am using a REL Stadium III subwoofer (goes down to 16Hz), a great piece by itself that does a lot to the entire frequency range.

The Electras don't need a sub, but I was so fascinated with the REL Stadium III that I had to get it.

The Electras are great !

Submitted by EJ a Audiophile

Date Reviewed: October 1, 2001

Bottom Line:
As a long time B&W fan and owner, I was pre-wired to remain
with them at upgrade time. Nevertheless, since I was looking
to spend $5 large I was determined to do my due diligence and audition a variety of well respected makes.

The B&W 803N were very nice: With the typical excellent
sound staging and crystal clarity I enjoy with B&Ws, but
they were analytical compared to the JMLab 902.1s. The
902.1s are lush in comparison - not bloomy or overly euphonic, just musically rich and satisfying. Another
thing I liked about them is their sensitivity. No problem
pushing them with my 27w tube amp. That's barely enough to
make a B&W twitch - so I gained some versatility.

If you are in the market for full size speakers in this price range (and above), I strongly recommend you listen
to these speakers, and for that matter the rest of the
JMLab line.