Focal Chorus 710 Floorstanding Speakers

4.4/5 (5 Reviews) MSRP : $659.00

JM Lab 6-1/2 Inches Chorus Floorstanding Speaker- Chorus 710 Black/ 2 Way/ 80 Watts/ Bass Reflex/ Black Ash Finish/ Price Per Pair

Submitted by rkerns a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: May 23, 2005

Bottom Line:
I have these speakers paired with the Cambridge Audio Azur 640a integrated amplifier. Gorgeous sound! This speaker has amazing sonics and detail. The tweeter is the best tweeter of any speaker under a couple grand. The bass is musical and more than adequate.

Purchased At:   Hawkeye Audio

Submitted by bland a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: November 7, 2002

Bottom Line:
I originally got my 710's for main speakers for my 6.1 surround system because I didn't want to miss with a subwoofer. What I found was such a rich and detailed sound with plenty of bass unless your into hard rock. I have since moved them over to my 2 channel stereo because the sound is so clean, separated and meaty. And replace it with the 706 to match out the rest of my JM lab surround speaker system.

Purchased At:   Phonograph

Submitted by Orpheo a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: July 19, 2002

Bottom Line:
I am using the 710 as rears in my all Chorus set-up (LCR center and 725 as front).
As they are used as rear, I can't say much about them, except that they are really musical (on soundtracks they disappear completly to leave the roome for the essential... Music)... Starwars' pod race is a blast, and I have no troubles playing them Large !
A good speaker for the price tag, and the excellent of Focal's tweeters !

Purchased At:   Filtronique son et o

Submitted by tjobbe a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: March 6, 2002

Bottom Line:
very good analytic but still warm sound. I'm running together with the CC700 and two Canton Surrounds plus a selfmade 10" Subwoofer in 2channel and 6 channel mode.

The 710 is great in small rooms. The bigger the room gets the more I would advice to choose the bigger models 715/725.

For this price its a bargain.

Purchased At:   Munich

Submitted by Anton a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: January 25, 2002

Bottom Line:
Because of the shear lack of new audio products coming into Australia it is exciting to check out new stuff whenever possible. I heard that the new JM Labs arrived down under and I had to have a look. I was very impressed with the treble produced by these two way wonders. The inverted metal tweeter is very tight with no roll-off of high notes leaving everything crisp like a pine forest in winter (corny metaphor...but hey). The mid driver is a nice attractive and solid looking unit that does the mid range frequency very well. But, bass is not the most fantastic ever. Even though this is the case I bought a pair. I use the 710 in a home theater set-up coupled with a Shiva 12" subwoofer and together they work very well. Letting the JM Labs do the 80Hz and up and the Shiva 80Hz and down...this seemed to be the best arangement for my listening room. Using the CC700 centre speaker makes movies sound great, action pans across the front stage flawlessly. I've used Kimber 4PR on the front end to bring out the best in movies and music. I really like JM Labs products, the Focal drivers are great units and display build quality the is usually reserved for higher priced units. I really like my setup but I'm not going to saay they are "Giant Killers" or are :Far better then you imagined". I will say that they are a good speaker that will allow users to break out of a "mid-fi" setup to a "hi-fi" setup. JM Labs have a good petigrie and great sound thats why they are my personal choice.

Purchased At:   AV Domain, Brisbane