Fluance ES-1
Description: The ES-1 is revolutionary in design and performance. An elite flawlessly made high performance speaker system in a elegant lifestyle design which provides superb audio reproduction. This model is true sign of our devotion to 'affordable quality'. The styling is extraordinary and they sound even better than they look. This is unmistakably a speaker system made by Fluance. Experience the sound!

Submitted by Max a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: January 17, 2012

Bottom Line:
Ordered a set of ES-1 based on reviews and the advertised "satisfaction guarantee. I was disappointed in product quality and Fluance's post sale customer service. Pre-sale was great but returning them was difficult. As far as the product - they did produce sound equivalent to my 20 year old 2-way boxes but I would not compare them to Polk. Based on the different pictures of the ES-1, Fluance apparently changed the construction of these speakers but did not change the model number - perhaps to continue to capitalize on the older reviews. The width is listed as 10" - this is the base platform and not the speaker box portion. Concrete in the speaker box rattled and I was informed it is added to add ballast. I think it gives them an artificial heavy feel. This manufacturer also apparently filters reviews and prevents negative reviews from showing up on their own website site. As I submitted a similar review there but it never appeared.

Submitted by Richdiculous a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: March 11, 2009

Bottom Line:
I am extremely happy with my purchase. These speakers look great with my entertainment center and TV, and the glossy piano finish really makes them look classy. My wife was worried that they would look out of place, but now that they're set up she is convinced that they make the living room look nicer.

Although I've heard quite a few good things about the ES1 speakers, I was still surprised by the amount of bass that comes through them. The highs are even better - each note is crisp and defined, and the sound fills my entire house. Now matter how loud I turned up the receiver, I couldn't detect any distortion. I will definitely recommend these speakers to my friends!

Product model year:   2009

Submitted by Joseph a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: April 21, 2007

Bottom Line:
Ordered AV-10 speakers and got a free upgrade to the ES-1's due to lack of stock. My lucky day! Awesome speakers when coupled with a sub for frequencies below 70Hz. I power them with a 120 watt per channel HK Stereo (yes I said stereo) reciever and run them through a 15 band equalizer just to tweak them ever so slightly. Add a 12 inch 150 watt sub and CD's, Movies, and Concert DVD's rock! Don't let the fact they won't cost ya an arm and a leg fool you, these may be the best deal in HiFi to be had in a long time!

Purchased At:   Fluance Direct

Submitted by Chris a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: April 5, 2007

Bottom Line:
Bought the speakers without listening based on others reviews. Turned out the reviews were right. These speakers replaced a pair of 8 year old Infinity’s – good speakers in their own right but the drivers were aging. My choice was to replace the drivers or buy new speakers. The reviews and the price drew me to the ES-1’s.

First few weeks, these speakers were breaking in. They sounded distinctly harsh. After the break-in period, however, they REALLY smoothed out.

I would highly recommend them as excellent value. They look good (my wife likes them) and they sound very good.

Purchased At:   Fluance direct

Submitted by high voltage a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: October 22, 2006

Bottom Line:
Blown away. I have had the speakers for a little over a week now. When I first hooked them up, it was a bit tinny sounding so I left them on for a couple of days to break in. Now, they rock; clearity, harmonics, and precision on everything from head banging to movies. I also have the DB-200 sub, excellant, the BP 100 rears and the SC center...unbelievable package at any price... I had hear these speakers were high quality before; I have the upgraded version from last years models as Fluance had reconstructed the entire line with new crossovers and a bit different construction.

Fluance Customer Service was and still is AWSOME through the entire experience.

Purchased At:   Fluance