Fluance AVFR Floorstanding Speakers

A great flawlessly made three-way speaker system. In the listening environment this speaker gives an exciting performance. With superb sound radiation and rich timbre, it converts the audio signal into incredibly wonderful music. Even at high volume levels the acoustic image remains free from cabinet vibrations and driver resonances. In hifi operation it is possible to use the AVFR in combination with active subwoofers. In Dolby surround and DTS systems AVFR is suitable for operation as front and surround speakers. By virtue of the bass reflex cabinet the AVFR has outstandingly brilliant dynamic performance.
  • System Type: 3 Way - 3 Driver Floorstanding Main Speakers
  • Sensitivity: 88�2dB
  • Crossover Frequency: 1000/3500 Hz PCB Mounted Circuitry
  • Impedance: 8 Ohms
  • Enclosure: Bass Reflex Design
  • Dimensions: 33.0 X 8.3 X 9.8 inches (H x W x D)

Submitted by brian a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: July 6, 2010

Bottom Line:
These speakers are used in the following way:

4.2 setup, 60" apart and 11 feet to listener. Receiver used is a Yamaha RX-V465.

These speakers have the looks, the aggressive style, and sound for demanding listeners. You can run these "Large" but it won't give you the low end volume you will want from my dual sub setup. I do push these with DTS blue rays going full range and I'm very pleased with the response and low end. I like seeing how much these will provide in dynamics, freq response, and imaging/staging. They can take the 110 watts I throw at them with ease. These do provide a warm sound and very balanced. They really shined after my rec calibrated them. I love them and in a perfect world the only "want" is for them to maybe be more efficient like a Infinity tower. I have messed with the amount of pollyfill I have stuffed it with and that works at the risk of losing low freq response. I have pulled out half an additional bag and I have the response I'm wanting. Great product and great company! I want to be a distributor for them here in California : )