EPI 100 Floorstanding Speakers

4.76/5 (46 Reviews)

2 way "acoustic suspension system, 8" woofer, special concave 1" tweeter

Submitted by Simon a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: March 21, 2016

Bottom Line:
Something compelled me to buy what was to me an 'unknown brand' in a church sale. I'd never heard of EPI, and had not re-entered the audio world since I left it 20 years or so ago. It came with an old pioneer receiver of the same vintage.

I could, quite simply not believe my ears. So I did my research (EPI 100V) and discovered what you all have - what a beautiful listening experience, so I paired it with a Sansui (217) amp and got a double bonus.

These are very rare in Australia, and still worth very little price wise.

There is literally no fatigue in listening to them, the midrange / vocals and soundstage is quite unbelievable. For a total cost of $150 ($50 for EPI + Rotel turntable, Rotel Receiver and Pioneer AMP), and $100 for the Sansui, this is an absolute winning combination.

Mine were only ever used in a Church so 100% original, unmodified with original surrounds.

The bass (for a sealed enclosure) is bigger than expected, the highs are sweet and enjoyable and at no stage bright or offensive.

I feel like i've won the lottery, I haven't had this pleasure listening to music since , well .. ever.

Submitted by Robby a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: December 26, 2015

Bottom Line:
I live in Holland, and i bought a cheap pair of EPI 100V of the Bay. These speakers will blow away AR 4x's! Iam still searching for empty cabinets. So i can build a second pair. SO anyone?? I have the 2 tweeters and 2 woofers as a spare.

Submitted by kswiss442 a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: March 7, 2012

Bottom Line:
I have a pair EPI 100 LINEAR speakers that I purchased in 1976. These speakers are incredible. The highs are crisp crystal clear. The bass is deep, it seems to play with the inner ear. Incredible. Friends have come over and asked what kind of speakers they are. Im in the process of replacing the drivers for the third time since 1976. The tweetershave never been replaced and sound just as good as the first day I brought them. I would put them up against any speaker in its price range.

Submitted by SCATO a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: October 26, 2011

Bottom Line:
I PAID $200 IN 1977 FOR MY EPI 100's. THAT YEAR CONSUMER REPORT MAGAZINE RATED THE EPI 100 THE BEST BOOKSHELF SPEAKER. I AM IN THE PROCESS OF REPLACING MY WOOFERS FOR THE 2ND TIME & MY TWEETERS & CROSSOVERS FOR THE FIRST TIME. THE CHERRY CABINETS STILL LOOK GOOD AFTER 34 YEARS. MY WIFE HAS TRIED TO GET ME TO GIVE THEM UP EACH YEAR BUT I HAVE HELD MY GROUND. MY SON-IN-LAW (A MUSICIAN) OFFERED TO PAY FOR THE UPGRADE THIS TIME BECAUSE HE IS CURIOUS TO HOW THEY SOUND AFTER ALL THE TALK I GIVE THEM. THE MIDS & HIGHS ARE NATURAL AND SWEET. LOOKING FORWARD TO PAIRING THEM UP TO A NEW AV AMP.

Submitted by Donplatt a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: October 26, 2009

Bottom Line:
I Love these speakers and cannot part with them. I have had other speakers but none of them touch the soul like these. Very musical and a speaker you will never forget.