Energy Speaker Systems Veritas V2.2 Bookshelf Speakers Floorstanding Speakers

4.71/5 (14 Reviews)

The Energy Veritas V2.2 speaker system is a more compact version of the V2.4. Size is the only compromise in this superior speaker system that sets new standards in accuracy, clarity and low distortion levels. The Energy Veritas V2.2 is the ideal solution for the true music enthusiast seeking unmatched quality and performance in a bookshelf model.

Submitted by onthelistbaby a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: February 20, 2008

Bottom Line:
I thought I’d chime in with my recent experience with these speakers as a long time owner. Mine are the original 2.2s and I have had them since 2000. At the time I purchased them, I had listened to Dynaudio, Monitor, and Vandersteen along with many of the mid-fi lines such as Klipsch and Polk. My budget was very firm, as the $2k (with stands) was a stretch for me at the time, and the Dynaudios and Vandys were both very much in the running. I chose the Veritas’ for the wonderful transparent full range sound and pinpoint imaging and, frankly, I like the way they looked. It was a difficult decision, as Energy was seen as a mid-fi speaker line and I was very image conscious. The Dynaudios or Vandy’s would have given me much more audiophile-cred.

Fast-forward to 2008 and I am now back in the market for speakers. I am currently running a McIntosh MC-352 amp and Kimber 8tc/8tc bi-wire cables and am looking for speakers that will take me to the next level. I have auditioned the Vandersteens once again in the 2ce sig. II version (Amazing, and improved from 8 years ago), The Totem Forest and Mani-2 sig., Devore Super 8, and the Nines, several ProAcs (love), several B&Ws, and Audio Physic up to the Scorpio.

I really want to buy something new and change my experience as well as gain the street cred that I passed up in 2000, but I’ve had to go into the $6K to $8K range to even play against the Energys.

Last week I took my wife to hear (and see) some of the speakers for which I had been spending so much time away from her. She heard the Devore Super 8s, the Devore Nines, the Totem Forest, and Vandy 2ce sig II. And when she couldn’t take it any more she just said “None of them sound any better than what you already have.” She was right! And trust me, I’ve been really selling her on new speakers. The old Veritas 2.2s still sound amazing.

Admittedly, my wife didn’t hear my current front runner, the Totem Mani-2 sig., $5500, or second place, the Audio Physic Scorpio, $7000 (And yes, they’re incredibly different, I know), but her comments are really making me re-evaluate if I should drop so much money for such an incremental change.

Bottom line is that the Energy Veritas 2.2s are an excellent audiophile speaker and to do much better you’ve got to write a very, very big check.

Purchased At:   GoodGuys

Submitted by Capeman a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: August 20, 2006

Bottom Line:
This review is on the new Energy Veritas 2.2i, a revised addition of the older Veritas 2.2. These speakers take a long time to run in to their best(about150 hours). I use the dedicated Energy stands and a small Linn pre/power combo to run the speakers.

These speakers are made for people who love music, there is no question about that. they love power and i have tried a few different amps with them. They have a very natural sound that isn't bass heavy or boomy, nor is it lacking in that area, they are just delivering tight accurate low frequencies. Jazz lovers will lose hours of sleep if they are using a quality source component. These speakers love vocals and handle heavy rock very well considering their size. They portray instruments and musicians superbly upon their stage. A joy for well recorded music.

Previous reviews said these speakers are any good for home theatre, clearly this is a point of view but i can verify given a high quality amp they can deliver on the movie front.

Anybody looking for a standmount speaker that gives great musical enjoyment should try these speakers. Clean power is a must and decent cables can really open up that midrange beautifully, it's there so take advantage of it.

Great job from Energy, enjoyable, attractive, 5 year warranty.

Purchased At:   energy dealer

Submitted by GreatBop a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: February 8, 2003

Bottom Line:
After the hard acceptance that a pair floorstanders WILL JUST NOT FIT IN MY ROOM... I went auditioning few pairs of bookshelves. Paradigm Studio 40 v2, B&W N804s, and Energy Veritaz 2.2s

The studios' tweeters were just too bright for me. And the midrange seemed less detailed to me compared to the Veritaz. so i had to cross that out of the list.
The B&W did sounded a tad BETTER than the Veritaz... (maybe the amps being used in stores?) But the betterness didn't seem like it was worth 1500 cdn more.

So i settled with the veritaz... I got it home and gave it 100s of hours or so of breakin in time... The veritaz revelead a slight coarseness in Bono's (u2) voice. You could hear him open him mouth. and you could feel him shaking his 'shakers' right infront of you.. the guitars... sounded so detailed it's almost lifelike.

the imaging is dead on... in FoTR's soundtrack, The Breaking OF the Fellowship, clost to 4 mins into the track, the boys choir start to sing.. (you know, "when the cold of winter comes...)you could clearly hear the backup behind the lead singer. And once they all sing together, you can still easily pick up the lead boy's voice... still INFRONT of the backups.

I never was this impressed with the speaker during audition. And with my proper amplification (it was running off a yamaha receiver instore. compared to rotel with the B&W)... It now sounds just as good (if not slightly better) than the N804s. Now i know i made the right decision.

I am using Anthem's TLP1 preamp/ tuner. and Anthem MCA20 220watts x 2 Amp.

Price Paid:    $2099.00

Purchased At:   A & B Sound Metrotow

Submitted by Alexis a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: January 15, 2003

Bottom Line:
Having looked for new speakers for over 8 months, and having listened to over 30 models from various manufacturesrs, large and small, I ended up buying the Veritas V2.2.
They were the only speakers that sounded considerably better than my previous speakers (Royd Minstrels), including in despersion, soundstage and imaging. The precision and transparency of the sound reproduced is stunning. It is much better than anything else I have ever heard, especially for jazz, accoustic, vocals, rock. The build quality is also excellent. Overall, proves that solid engineering will still do the trick

Price Paid:    $1998.00

Submitted by annguyen251 a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: January 6, 2003

Bottom Line:
This pair of speaker is only good for music. My setup includes veritas 2.2 and the 2.0 stands. I use energy Encore line for center and surround. After spending around $2500.USD on this Energy speaker setup I am still disappointed because it does not satisfy me with home theater and karaoke. This system is only good in two channel music with the two front veritas 2.2 When trying karaoke it is not pleashing me enough with the 2.2 - After enough evaluation and testing... I continued auditioned the other brands... Finally I narrowed it down to Atlantic Technology system 370THX and M&K 750THX ... check my review on Atlantic Technology system 350THX and M&K 750 THX for more info...

Purchased At:   GoodGuys