Energy Speaker Systems RVS Floorstanding Speakers

Submitted by hyperpsyched a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: May 12, 2007

Bottom Line:
Well these must have been the steal of the century! I use these speakers for two channel stereo and am thoroughly impressed with the sound stage (VERY wide with good depth). The upper level is definitely neutral (no sibilance), the mid-range is awesome and the bass can kick, though these were designed to be used with a sub-woofer in a HT set-up. The cabinet is large though and the bass is really quite adequate for my modest apartment. They are very detailed and capable of very fine musical resolution. I am bi-amping with two Rotel RB-03 amps bridged for mono use so the power is adequate to drive these at my typical listening volume. I really am happy with these... so much so that the upgrade to the B&W 602s will wait.

What a shame to assume these can only sound good in a Home Theater application because they say Home Theater on the little plastic Energy emblem. A nicely implemented D'Appolito configuration. The drivers and tweeter are of a very high quality. I really lose myself in the music with these... highly recommended for two channel assuming you can a well-cared for pair!

Purchased At:   eBay

Submitted by christopher white a Audiophile

Date Reviewed: September 1, 2001

Bottom Line:
got for home theater use only.(no music)
I rate them so much i sold my friend on them.but they
don't make them anymore.
so we made a compromise he has a 5.1 surround sound studio
who does work for viacom. pro tools/cool edit pro.
they sound fantastic. 3 x rvs, 2 x rvss,2 x efx, 1x sub 8"
and powerd by yamaha dsp1. my part of the deal is i now work there, so i sold them but i still get to hear them.
and so do you if you hear the movie sound tracks we mix
(by the way i did get speakers for music) behringer euro live 18" sub's 15"x1" titanium horn see www.behringer.com.
these are not your regular home speakers but they sound
phoenominal.

Purchased At:   good guys marina del rey ca.

Submitted by Ken a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: June 27, 2000

Bottom Line:
I first brought this sleeper of a center channel for my father on Christmas Day in 1995. We connected it via straight wire to a Sony ES Receiver and we received a satisfying sound. However, after a break-in period we were less than happy with the sound. It was entirely too laid back in its presentation. Well, suffice it to say, this was remedied quickly. Later, we picked up a Chiro C-3 amplifier and switched to better speaker wire (TaraLabs). I could not believe the difference in the sound.

The speaker jumped to life. The midrange seemed to give a greater sense of depth while retaining its clean sound. The midbass became more neutral and less rich. The sound became more full bodied and the speaker began to preserve the music's texture. For a budget center channel, you can do no wrong with this speaker. This speaker is harmonically balanced correctly and the listener will appreciate the engineering that went into this speaker. Two thumbs up.

Submitted by Sam a an Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: August 25, 1999

Bottom Line:
I bought a pair of Energy C-2 w/ AC300 and Take 2 on back. They sound great, except the rear. They are much better than the old Polks I had.

Submitted by Donny Davis a an Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: August 14, 1999

Bottom Line:
Lucked up on the L,C,R RVS Energys that were showroom demos. Hooked these babies up to a Yamaha 2095 and let'em loose. For HT, they are really great and show strong with good imaging . For music, they are not as bright as my old JBL L100's but the midrange is pretty decent. I intend to keep the JBL's on "A" main for music and the RVS on "B" for HT. The only problem I have with these RVS's is that now I want to buy the RVSS for rears and more RVS L & R for front effect. Since I bought them for HT and for that they excel, I rate these......