Energy Speaker Systems Audissey A2+2 Floorstanding Speakers

(3)5.5" Woofers and (2)1" Tweeters

Submitted by Brendan a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: November 8, 2001

Bottom Line:
These are great speakers. The Bi-polar design really does help the sound stage IMHO. I used these in my audio system for about 10 months before I bought a used set of MG10's. Initally I used them without a sub and was quite impressed. Very detailed sound......great quality considering the low price I paid for them. This sound would embarass other dynamic speakers consting many time more......including some Klipsch and B&W's I have listened to.

After I added a NHT SubOne and cut the low frequency at 75Hz the sound improved greatly.......personally I would add a sub to these speakers even if you don't listen to deep booming bass tracks.....but it's not entirely necessary.

The best thing about these speakers is the Bang/$$ ratio. They retailed for $900 or so but they can be found really cheap.

Purchased At:   A&B Sound

Submitted by Jason a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: August 21, 2001

Bottom Line:
An all around great speaker for the money. The bass surprised me. They have a very warm sound. Great for home theater front speakers. I will make a second more in depth review when I have listened to them for a longer period of time.

Purchased At:   Yawa Audio

Submitted by Fred a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: April 17, 2001

Bottom Line:
I auditioned everything I could under $1000 in town. Every speaker has character, and I am cautious to buy speakers without the chance to audition them. I directly compared these to the Phase Tech Teatro 7.5 ($650), and Veritas 2.1 ($1000). These were the the most harsh of the bunch. Even static was brought to my attention.
My theory was that I LOVE the detail heard in the Veritas line. I thought since these are supposed to use the same tweeter and they have more cabinet space that they may be an acceptable (cheaper) alternative. I just can't imagine listening to them for any extended period of time. These were the floor models and you would think they already had some break in. The Phase Tech were a much better floor stander in my opinion.

Purchased At:   Good Guys

Submitted by Keekster a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: December 9, 2000

Bottom Line:
After A mmonth and a half I fell the need to come home after wwork and just sit in friont of these speakers and listen to as much of them as possible.

Submitted by chris k a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: November 8, 2000

Bottom Line:
Love them

Purchased At:   Good Guys