Eltax Millennium 500 Tower Speaker Floorstanding Speakers

Submitted by SantaClaw a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: January 24, 2004

Bottom Line:
Excellent sounding speakers capable of playing most types of music, ranging from Mozart and Vivaldi to Yello, Blümchen, Fear Factory, Air, Metallica +++.

I was really disappointed when I discovered that the bass was very "boomy" and creates a lot of reverb, almost as if the casing was made of plywood, but a set of Spikes virtually removed these tendencies and gave them a punchy bass without the "boomy" sound...

Midrange is what this speaker excel at, it's strange that a "cheap" speaker like this, is capable of producing midrange sound as if it was a "real" Hi-Fi speaker, the incredible midrange is what really makes it an "all-rounder".

As for the tweeters, ok sound, they are quite capable of keeping up with the midrange, and to a certain extent also the bass, but awesome volume they lag behind.

I have two friends that also got these speakers after they heard how they sounded, and the amazing price I got them for...

I see others comparing it to the Dali 909, and it's not that far fetched...

@ This price their barging...

Purchased At:   www.komplett.no

Submitted by millennium 500 lover a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: December 31, 2003

Bottom Line:
These speaker are quite literally the best sounding loudspeakers i've ever heard, and i've heard quite a lot! I dont know why some of the reviews say the midrange isnt as good as they would have liked but i actually think the midrange is one of they're best qualitys along with outstanding deep but tight bass and they're not boomy like i feared they might be having two 10" woofers in each speaker!! I have them connected up to a yamaha RX-V630 (which is a bloody nice amp as well) and they nicely complement each other, for once im finding myself having to turn the bass down on my amp!!! One other thing that facinates me is even when they're pelting it out with lots of heavy bass, the woofers never really seem to move!

Purchased At:   Comet Online

Submitted by Dom36 a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: October 23, 2003

Bottom Line:
These speakers are amazing. They can go very loud with no trouble at all! It's like having 2 10' subwoofers in each speaker...plus the rest!
At the price you can get them now they are ALOT of bang for the money, going down to 30Hz they can go as low as a midrange subwoofer.

Purchased At:   Internet

Submitted by adc2000974 a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: March 30, 2003

Bottom Line:
I hear a great deal of difference when comparing two my previous speakers, i dont know whever i prefer small speakers or big ones, say 4ins or 10ins in terms of harmomic performence etc... wish i had a bigger room though

Purchased At:   Comet

Submitted by acemaster a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: January 14, 2003

Bottom Line:
I've got 4 of theese speaker in an home entertainment system, and I must say they perform very well. When i first started to use them, I hooked them up with a Yamaha rxv396 amplifier(about 35watts a channel), and I thougt the speakers sucked. But when I connected them with my new Yamaha RXV-630(120 watts a channel), the speakers really was brought to life. Yurassic park 3, is awesome vith theese speakers!!! I don't regret keeping them, and replace my amp. instead!!
(paid 1600 nok)