Eltax Liberty 5+ Floorstanding Speakers

4.36/5 (22 Reviews)

Submitted by elminho a Casual Listener

Date Reviewed: May 28, 2009

Bottom Line:
So I bought the speakers after deep consideration. I got it from polish auction site for ca 200$ so I think it was cheap. Until last week I was very pleased with the sound although they lacked bass especially in movies (no problem, I bought a decent sub and it's more than ok now). Now to the one really big con. Last week I bought a cd of polish singer Gaba Kulka who has very specific voice frequency. And what happened is that the tweeters started to "fart" at about 3,5 khz. It almost makes it impossible to listen (yes - it's that bad). I don't know if it's problem with my pair only (the speakers are 7 years old) or is it some problem with the electronics.

Submitted by crazylegs a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: July 10, 2006

Bottom Line:
i was browsing for ages for a pair of decent floorstanders so i reda all your reviews and wow what reviews they were well i went to richer sounds and saw them at £120 in black with bi wire kit so i went off to the bank and got the money but i was too late richer sounds had shut so i had 12 till the shop re opened so i went home with full intention to get them from richer sounds but while at home i searched ebay and what di i come across in the same area as me liberty 5 black floorstanders never been used and guess what no bids and 10 mins lwft so i bid and won FOR £5!!!!!!!! bargain and ive never looked back

Submitted by Bill Rider a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: August 2, 2003

Bottom Line:
Bascially These are the complete speaker for anylistener of any kind. I play mine through a Technics SU-A600 mk2 (amp) and a technics SL-Pg4 cd player. I listen mostly to rock alternitive so bass is a must have factor. well if it is bass you are looking for you have found it, i totally recommend bi - wireing them not that i have tried them any other way, but then again why would you? I did feel the need to adjust the eq on my amp to get the best out of the speakers but then again this is standard practise. the tweeters are also great sounding and along with the bass make get acoustic song listening with vocals sounding very strong. for 120 quid (look around you'll get em for 100) it's a great deal!

Purchased At:   Richer Sounds MK

Submitted by Bob Schappert a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: June 15, 2003

Bottom Line:
Two years ago I bought a pair of Liberty 3+ bokshelf speakers and have been using them with a DVD player and separate amp. I have been very impressed with the sound for the price of the speakers. While on holiday in the UK this year I wanted to get the floorstanding version Liberty 5+ and just couldn't resist the 99 / pair price. I have been using these on my main stereo system with a Nakamichi RE-10 stereo reciever with fantastic and impressive results. I am not using the supplied spikes and have not put sand in the cabinets. I like plenty of bass and I am impressed with the bass available from the comparitively small size of the bass driver as ordinairly I don't care for anything less than a 10 inch bass driver.Midrange & vocals are excellent as well as the high end. Imaging is good and the overall build quality is very good. The 5+ is bi-wireable although I am not using them in that capacity. I have now stacked the 3+ bookshelf versions on top of the 5+ floorstanders and it makes a perfect match for even greater bass. It cost me an extra 50 to get these speakers back to the USA on the airline but it was still a bargain. As far as I know, Eltax is not marketed in the USA.

Purchased At:   Richer Sounds Milton

Submitted by Joe a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: April 19, 2003

Bottom Line:
I bought these speakers only after seeing them in a half price sale, and with cash burning a hole in my pocket, i linked them to a Cambridge A1V2.0 amp, and my PC with only Intel Celeron on-board sound card. Since then, only 4 months ago, i've been so impressed, and bitten by the Hi Fi bug so bad, that i now use my Liberty 5's with a Technics CD player and tuner, and i've upgraded to a Soundblaster Audigy 2 Platinum soundcard to get the most from them. I'm still hoping to connect them to a DVD/home cinema system.

Purchased At:   Richer Sounds, Liver