Dynaudio Audience 72 Floorstanding Speakers

4.73/5 (22 Reviews) MSRP : $1599.00

Two-and-a-half-way floor standing loudspeaker. Front-ported bass-reflex, spikes included.

Submitted by paulove a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: April 27, 2010

Bottom Line:
An allround speaker, can play anything. Even with only two 6,5" it plays mighty base and the tweeter makes a lot of space i all dimensions, there is no special weaknesses og problems. The craftmanship is excellent with real wood on outside if you choose walnut, not black ash.
I´ve heard speakers at double the price who didn´t played better.
This speaker is a bargain in my opinion.
Make sure you make them toe-in 10-20 degrees towards your listening position.

Submitted by mike11427 a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: November 25, 2003

Bottom Line:
This is a follow up review. I still own these speakers after two years and do not consider upgrading. They are that good. I am using a Cary SLI-80 integrated to drive them to acceptably loud levels.

Purchased At:   Audio den

Submitted by Tommychainsaw a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: August 8, 2003

Bottom Line:
What these speakers call attention to is the music. With proper electronics up stream, these speakers can do real magic.
Highs are some of the best I have heard yet. Mids are......well, I can only think of describing them as life like. Bass is plentiful and very clean. These speakers can dissapear and leave only wonderful 3D music behind.
I have found that they do like alot of power and are somewhat cable sensitive. These speakers are also very revealing and will tell you if you need upgrades upstream.
my system:
Arcam CD 72t
Parasound P/LD 1100 preamp
Bryston 4B-SST amp (NICE)
Dynaudio Audience 72s
Analysis Plus Oval 12 speaker cable
Analysis Plus Oval One interconnects

Purchased At:   Audio Video Showcase

Submitted by pearl41 a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: August 2, 2003

Bottom Line:
I was looking to up grade from PSB 1000i's.I was sure that the PSB Silver was the next speaker for me.My dealer did not stock the silvers but had me listen to B&W, Meadowlark and the Danes. When I heard the 72s it was the sound that I was after. Just to make sure I auditioned Paradigm Studio 80s. Nice speakers, just too large. I found the center channel and 72s on audiogon for the price that was a considerable savings over new at the dealer. The speakers image,present vocals in real life presence and disappear. We all have different taste, but these are the speakers for me.

Purchased At:   audiogon

Submitted by hifiheertje a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: May 25, 2003

Bottom Line:
Have these speakers now a few days because my Dynaudio’s 82 are not in house yet.
They have the same character as the 82’s whit a less deeper bass and some smaller definition in the midrange. But they sound much better as the Kef’s Q7’s which have a wider sound stage but the bass of the Q7’s sounded muddy on my Rotel. Even the B&W CDM7NT and the CDM9NT couldn’t make against the Dynaudio 82 but came a lot closer to the 72’s.
The metal dome of the B&W’s sounded to harsh if you compare them with the Dynaudio’s.
The Danes reproduce a clean and natural sound on my set, when I listened to both classic as modern pop. The s’ses especially from woman voices are natural and in the right properties.
Al kind of music will do it on these speakers with the right equipment.
My set: Rotel 972 pre, Rotel 1070 amplifier, Philips 963 SA as CD/SACD/DVD player.
All cable’s are from “van den Hul” , interconnects “the Second” and “D102 MKII hybrid”.
Speaker cable is the “the Wind hybrid”.

Purchased At:   Stassen

Speaker Advice Needed (Again) - KEF Q11 vs Dynaudio Audience 72

KEF Q11 vs Dynaudio Audience 72 I am starting to narrow down my speaker choices and would appreciate feedback on these two: * KEF Q11 (you can see the specs on [url]http://www.kef.com/products/qseries/qseries11.asp[/url]) - about $1,100 per pair. * Dynaudio Audience 72 - about $1,800 pe ... Read More »

Dynaudio Audience 72 vs. Audiovector Mi3

Hi All Im looking for a new pair of speakers to match my Atoll In 100 amp and Atoll Cd80, playing in a 25 sqm room... Among many I have cut it down to choosing between Dynaudio Audience 72 and Audiovector Mi3.... They are booth nice speakers, but I haven't had the chance to listen to them tog ... Read More »