Dynaudio Audience 50 Floorstanding Speakers

4.83/5 (36 Reviews) MSRP : $900.00

Bookshelf/Monitor speakers

Submitted by ckcspice a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: March 12, 2004

Bottom Line:
the ones i have are the 52's..the dealer in spore had a runout sale cos dynaudio are comin out with the real wood version..it was a bargain...sounded fantastic outa the box..after running in 4 500 hrs...it was heaven

equipment
arcam cd 72 cd player
rega brio amp
cyrus interconnect
chord carnival speaker cables
LAT international AC power cords

soundstage is exceptionally wide n deep (even in my small room)..vocals r sweet like honey n the highs r intoxicating..u can hear every ping n ting...bass is fluid n very timely...overall sound is very natural...just close your eyes n b taken 2 heaven..keep in mind these r not very expensive speakers n listen 2 the sound they make...blown away

Purchased At:   singapore

Submitted by Steve Holmes a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: June 6, 2003

Bottom Line:
I am a lover of chamber music and I have a reasonable quality Arcam CD unit coupled with a really ancient Philips Black Tulip amp and pre amp which I cannot better with modern equipment under £1000. I took this kit to the shop with my old mission 500 speakers and we changed everything - cables, leads, CD player, amp, stands, the lot. Not until the guy said, how about some better speakers did I hear any significant transformation. Suddenly, everything was ten times more alive. The only other power on earth so great is Alfred Brendel.

Purchased At:   A hi fi dealer in Ox

Submitted by ron setiawan a Casual Listener

Date Reviewed: August 31, 2002

Bottom Line:
Dynaudio Audience 52 is the replacement of Audience 50. Many say that, Audience 52 sounds as good as Contour 1.3 Mkii or Contour 1.3 SE. On the surface, this statement is correct. However, when one really listens both speakers attentively, these two speakers are different tremendously. Contour 1.3 has better control and also smoother than Audience 52. In addition, the imaging also a little better than that of Audience 52. One will be able to listen to Contour for along period of time. However, considering the price of Contour, which nearly 3 times of Audience's, I will pick Audience over Contour if budget is a constraint.

Submitted by jaosn523 a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: March 11, 2002

Bottom Line:
I have these paired with a Rotel RB 991 amp, JVC cdp, NAD C160 pre and JPS ultraconductor cables. These are some of the sweetest sounding speakers I've ever heard. They may not have the ultra-liquid midrange of a few high-end speaks (read 5k+), but they get everything right, and if you feed them enough power they have plenty of quality bass (though not too low - but hey they're monitors). They like quality electronics and JUICE from your amp. I have yet to try them for home theater but they're sheer pleasure for 2 channel audio. They will be the last thing I upgrade, as it will cost a small fortune to better them. And btw, YOU CAN'T HAVE IT BOTH WAYS, REVEALING SPEAKERS MAKE POORLY RECORDED MUSIC SOUND LIKE POORLY RECORDED MUSIC, AND THE GOOD STUFF SOUND LIKE YOU GOT INTO HEAVEN EARLY.

Purchased At:   audiogon

Submitted by Lon a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: December 12, 2001

Bottom Line:
When I first hook them up and slot in a good recording CD it was quite an experiance to remember. Given that I have listen to but not own similar price/range speakers, what I heard from the Audience 50 is sill quite stunning. I've got people who are just walking by, and who would be very happy just listening to the radio, telling me how so much better these speakers sound.

When I try them out with the radio tuner, I would say they sounded quite closed to, when listening to a normal recording CD with a good budget level pair of speakers, which was what I was using before the up-grade. I should also state that I do have very good reception.

Despite not having a very good listening environment, when an audiophile recording CD is played, the speakers can almost "disappear", you can nearly get soaked into the music and feel like you're part of that performance.

Enough said.

Set-up are :-

B&K Components Pro-5 and ST202 (Ten-year old pre and power amps), Denon DCD835, Imperials sand filled two feet stands. Kimber 4TC speaker cables and VDH D102 MkIII hybrid I/C and Sonic Silve Pink I/C. System is fully run-in.

Purchased At:   one-year-old from a private owner

Dynaudio Audience 50 or KEF Q60?

Hi everyone, i need to get a pair of speakers for my parents but don't know which one is better. Dynaudio Audience 50 or KEF Q60? In my country Singapore, for a second hand pair of Dynaudio Audience 50 @ $500 and KEF Q60 @ $450, both are in very good condition. Can anyone guide me into which is bett ... Read More »