DCM Timeframe TF-600 Floorstanding Speakers

4.76/5 (42 Reviews) MSRP : $750.00

Transmission Line Speaker - (2)6.5" Woofers and (3)0.75" Tweeters

Submitted by bill a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: December 30, 2017

Bottom Line:
Picked up 2 sets of these one for 85 and other set for 50.
Running a Hafler 500 amp and either a 400 adcom or hafler 110 preamp .
I am amazed by the sounds that come from different angles at different times .
I am totally satisfied with the bass ...guess I might try a sub eventually.
Also have a set of DCM TF 350 speakers that also kick but of course lacks the soundstage of the larger 600 units. I find it hard to part with any of these but knowing at least one set will have to go. Right now Iam playing with different preamps and speaker placement but overall very pleased with the DCM speakers. If you find them ....buy them.

Submitted by Derek a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: December 6, 2017

Bottom Line:
I paid $500 smackaroonies for my set of 600's back in the early 90's .... Right out of the box !.. I was amazed from day 1 !!! these things are older than my kids ! had a grad party at my house in june 2016 for my oldest daughter and due to currently going through a separation my A system was in storage .... Had my B system set up though .... JVC JA-S77 ( no slouch ) set up to my 600"s .... I don't know if I was more proud of my daughter or my speakers ! my time frames have been amazing for over 25 years and I don't believe I will ever part with them .... I've had these speakers in many different homes ... my favorite was hanging them by hooks and fishnet from my ceiling on a 45 deg ceiling in my Float home ....... and at that time powered by a Sansui AU-X1 AMP ..... I've always always had good amplification pushing these speakers and I just cant say enough about them ! TF-600 owners know what I'm taking about ... anyways .... that's my 2 bits .... Get a set !

Submitted by Peter Currie a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: November 6, 2017

Bottom Line:
Well I am a valve man, and its always British HIFI for me (I am English after all). This is my first set of USA speakers and I am amazed by them, great clarity, soundscape and very natural.

Its taken me a long time to find speakers which match my Leak - Quad setup, Quad ESL's was the closest I got but these are much easier to live with placement wise and are better listen to anything speakers. So if you are looking for speakers to match your valve (tube) amp give these a try, if you can find some!

Submitted by Dean a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: September 30, 2015

Bottom Line:
Bought mine for $10 at a garage sale. One resister in the crossover was bad. Replaced it. Boom, they've been good to me ever since.Good, flat, natural sound. Added a sub and Polk center channel with big Denon amp and Klipsch satelite speakers. Great for our surround system to watch movies etc. I have a big grin on my face when I get complements on my system.

Submitted by David Jandziszak a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: December 17, 2012

Bottom Line:
I have two pairs of these speakers. I listen to all genres of music. The reproduction of the true sound recording is incredible. I added a Sub woofer for the deep end bass under 80 hz and the music just comes alive. The sound stage is out of this world! Listen to Pink Floyd's Dark Side of the Moon and you will hear it like never before. James Taylor sounds like he is playing live right in front of you. Great value if you are looking for Great sounding speakers that won't break the bank.