DCM Time Window Seven Floorstanding Speakers

4.83/5 (6 Reviews) MSRP : $3200.00

Reference Standard Floorstanding Loudspeaker

Submitted by Jay Cambron a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: March 15, 2014

Bottom Line:
Bought my DCM Time Window 7s on a 40% off whim when Incredible Universe went out of business in about 1996. I've kept them thru Yamaha to Rotel to Classe electronics and they just keep sounding better. Full range response, tight bass, super clear, with tons of space between and around the individual instruments and vocals.

After 18 years with these beauties I'm getting the itch to change. Thinking about a side-by-side with some B&W 802s and Wilson Sophia 3s at the local high end shop. 5x the $, so it'll be very interesting to do the blind test. I'm really hoping to not hear a huge difference and leave with my Time Windows and a big smile!

Submitted by Jon Olsen a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: September 11, 2013

Bottom Line:
Ok here me up. Time window 7 are unreal, I have had speakers that were 4 times the price of them 7s but them DCM are just unreal, I am the only owner of them and the 2 pair of T-
ime windows 3 one pair still in box never used yet, Have them hooked up with My 2 Denon poa 6600a they so oh so good, I will never need another pair. Rock and Roll....

Submitted by o3dave a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: February 11, 2012

Bottom Line:
I thought I would never find a set of these DCM Time Window Sevens. Only about 200 pairs made, from what I understand. Found mine on Craigslist - the ad was for a "home theater system" - Onkyo 7.2 rec and 5 disk dvd player were the focus. The speakers were shown in the background - just said "and a pair of DCM speakers". When I got to the owners home, I almost lost it. The elusive Time Window Sevens!!! I reached in my pocket and gave them their full asking price without even hearing them. They are not perfect cosmetically, far from it, but they look good in a dark room.

Brought my "new" speakers home and hooked them up to my Carver system (amp is a m1.5t) and WOW. The sound is awesome. I also have a pair of Klipsh KSP-400 speakers with the 15 inch woofers and built in amps.
The KSP-400's were $3600 a pair and sound great. They will get louder than the DCM's, but at less than ear bleeding levels, the DCM's are more musical and the bass sounds more natural. In all, the DCM TW7's are unlike other speakers I've heard. They are remarkable. Fantastic imaging, openness, soundstage, killer low end, small footprint - great looks - what do you want? I'm not sure why they didn't sell better. Maybe the rich folks just wanted a fancy name and more of a furniture wood look. But they never heard these, or they would have been top sellers

All I can say, is if you see a pair for sale - stop what you are doing and go listen to them. Take money with you. They probably won't be around long enogh for you to think about it (or get permission from the Mrs).

The Jim Davis review is right - if you buy a pair of TW7's, you can sell your subwoofer - factor that into your costs.

Submitted by Claudio 1949 a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: December 28, 2011

Bottom Line:
Hi: I'm new here but not new to audio. Have been dabling in music and audio for about 50 years. Own a recording studiuo & have much real pro gear there. Have also been audiophile for years...just bought a vintage pair of DCM TW3s.......simply fantastic speakers!

Submitted by Jim Davis a an Audiophile

Date Reviewed: April 22, 1999

Bottom Line:
Subwoofer...? I don't need no stinking subwoofer. These Time Window 7's are not to be believed. They have a wonderful presence, with real nice soundstaging, inoffensive high frequency reproduction,(though far from the best), and THUNDERING bass. I work in the industry, and have auditioned hundreds of speakers. I can't think of another full range speaker out there at any price that has this kind of low frequency response. The two nine inch woofers in each cabinet seem perfect. Not at all boomy, no slop, and plenty of tight, banging bass. The efficiency is also phenomenal, with adequate sound pressure available from most any size amp. I'd be afraid to hear what these things would sound like with 700 watts behind them(the specs say thats what they can take). I have a home theatre in another room in my home w/ NHT 2.9's in front, 2.5's in rear, and tons more power behind them. While the high frequency detail in the NHT's is much more refined, the bass doesn't even come close to my DCM's. Too bad DCM doesn't do any advertising support for their products and dealers. They would surely be selling more of these.

Duration Product Used:   an Audiophile