DCM TFE200 Main / Stereo Speaker Floorstanding Speakers

A perforated radiused steel grille encloses the cabinet internally being braced by a 1" thick MDF front baffle that reduces unwanted vibration and standing waves. The performance of the TFE 200 is enhanced by the 5" x 1-3/8" port which responds to low frequency rather than port turbulence.

Submitted by David a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: February 2, 2012

Bottom Line:
I have these speakers with the rest of DCM's current bookshelf line as my main surround and music listening speakers. These particular towers, IMO, are extremely good considering the price. They are larger then average towers, and have been well designed to provide a good, full range. I have looked inside the cabinet and have noticed that the speakers are braced well and there has been attention spent on tailoring a good 3-way crossover. Overall, this makes the speaker have good detail, midbass, and spacial cues. While listening to SACDs, CDs, or vinyl, I tend to just listen through these mains (and the LFE is handled by a strong 12" 500W sub). When I first got these speakers, I had them with an older 10" sub that didn't really go down much farther then these. So it was only really useful for my surrounds. I decided to get a new sub, and wound up building one with a TC Sounds 12" driver and a 500W amp. Ported and tuned to go down to 16hz, this subwoofer is a very good compliment to these speakers. If you are looking to pair a subwoofer for a 2.1,5.1, or 7.1 setup, I would highly recommend skipping DCM subwoofer offerings and looking at more expensive subwoofers.

Product model year:   2008