DCM KX-6 Series 2 Floorstanding Speakers

4.25/5 (16 Reviews) MSRP : $260.00

6" Woofer and 0.75" Tweeter

Submitted by nick a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: March 18, 2012

Bottom Line:
absolute amazing sound, constant max power with no problems. extremely loud and crisp, even in a 1000 sqft garage, bedroom, cabin, and dining room

Submitted by john a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: March 5, 2011

Bottom Line:
Nice! very clean vocals nice mid-bass .lacking a little in the low end but, compensating in the field nice seamless stereo.I use them as studio monitors for vocals and piano. got them for $100.00 never regretted it for a moment.

Product model year:   2009

Submitted by eaglescorpio1 a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: November 24, 2005

Bottom Line:
I got this pair and the kx-center series two for $75 at a local pawn shop and I have to say, at $25 per speaker, you cannot beat it. I would pay 200 per pair. These speakers are being used as surrounds and they are awesome. The highs are incredible, the mids are full and alive, and the bass is present but not overworked for the 6" speakers. I have the hi-pass x-over set on my harman for 60hz and they are phenominal. My entire theater is strictly dcm speakers and the system rivals much, much more expensive systems. I would rather have this system than an infinity system or klipsch. I have blown people away with the system and I haven't even recieved my dcm sub2 subwoofer. I get that tommorrow and I will leave a review about that sub after a thoroughly run it through its paces. I am a die hard dcm fan and I would recommend these speakers to anyone that loves $500 sound at a $100 price. In my case, $50. Find them, buy them, and enjoy them for life. I push these with my HK reciever and they don't distort even turned way, way up in 5channel stereo mode. That's where all channels get full range to them instead of limited signal. These rock. Get some.

Purchased At:   pawn shop

Submitted by Big Dave a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: June 14, 2002

Bottom Line:
This is a follow-up to the review I posted on August 1, 2000. Originally, I gave these speakers a 4-star rating ... and by the standards of this board, they probably are. But realistically, they merit no more than 3 stars. They're fine as left and right front speakers in a HT setup, but they really lack the detail needed for high-quality musical reproduction. When I took one apart to see what's inside, I was appalled at how really crappy the tweeters are: flimsy little plastic horns with NO discernable magnet. For the price I paid ($35/pair) I'm not unhappy, but I wouldn't recommend them at any price above $90/pair or so. There are just too many other, better choices.

Submitted by Marcus a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: July 28, 2001

Bottom Line:
I've had the KX6 Series 2's for more than a year now and they have been excellent. I have to agree with the other reviewers that they seem to get better with age (breaking them in). I have not used them as fronts but they sound great as surrounds with DVD's, and when used in quadraphonic soundstages when listening to CD's

Purchased At:   ubid