DCM KX-12 Floorstanding Speakers

3.63/5 (48 Reviews) MSRP : $300.00

Transmission line design - (2)12" Woofers, 6" Mid and 0.75" Tweeter

Submitted by Jimbolina1 a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: July 2, 2015

Bottom Line:
I have had my DCM kx12's for years. I have 4 with the matching center channel speaker. Currently matched with a pioneer vsx-01thx and RSL speedwoofer10. Also two sony mb 150h for sb channels. Music, movies, or games the sound is just jaw dropping.
These speaker can be found dirt cheap now and I do not hesitate in telling you to pick up a pair in good condition. Crossover and speakers are top notch, but cabinet is this speakers drawback.
venier covered partical board. So look for water damage and seperated glue joints on any you are looking at.
Only other draw back for some would be size. They will take up some space.
The posotives far outway the negitives though.
The many years of reliable quality sound through three differant amps and four houses has proved to me that these are indeed great speakers.

Submitted by Michael Underwood a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: May 29, 2014

Bottom Line:
I purchased the kx-12s in the fall of 98'. I hooked them up, and was very impressed with the sound for the price I paid (less than 200 from Circuit City) brand new. In the year 2000, I left home, but could not take the speakers with me. I did not have the room for them nor the system, but I craved, and missed them every day. These speakers sat unplugged and unused for 14yrs., Untill I was finally able to get them and ad them to a new ht system. I dusted them off, plugged them up, and said a prayer. After all those years of non use, they looked and played like they were brand spanking new! I can personally attest to the build quality and the materials used for these speakers.

Submitted by Dean a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: January 15, 2012

Bottom Line:
MY FRIEND GAVE ME A PAIR OF THE DCM KX10"S THE SOUND IS UNBELIEVABLE !!! I RUN A GREAT OLD SCHOOL SHERWOOD WITH A TEAC EQ. SPECTRUM ANYLYSER, I HAVE A SET OF BOSE 901"S AND I HONESTLY CAN SAY THE KX10"S BLOW THE BOSE AWAY POINT BLANK. I ALWAYS THOUGHT BOSE WERE THE BEST. KX10"S HAVE PROVED THAT DIFFERENT... I NOW RUN THE 901"S REAR SPREAKERS.

Submitted by baron Mcdonagh a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: July 12, 2011

Bottom Line:
THESE SPEAKERS ARE BADASS NO SUB NEEDED NO I USE THEM AS LEFT AND RIGHT.... IL PROB KEEP THESE FOREVER BOUGHT THEM FOR 50 BUCKS THEY WERE STORED FOR 5 YEARS.... LOVE EM. BRING YOUR BOSE!!!

Submitted by patrick a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: July 28, 2010

Bottom Line:
I have had a set a set of the DCm KX-12 and it preformed amazingly untill we had the smart idea to strip out of the box and put them in a custom box and put them behind my seats in my truck. from that point on i was addicted to bass. dont strip them out of the box just causes problems worked perfectly for awhile and was loud as heck my principle from my school even commented on it when i was driving in the parking lot. great sound quality untill u try to put to many watts through it. great sound system together but subs by self suck but would highly recommend this product