DCM KX-12 Floorstanding Speakers

3.65/5 (49 Reviews) MSRP : $300.00

Transmission line design - (2)12" Woofers, 6" Mid and 0.75" Tweeter

Submitted by richard James a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: July 15, 2016

Bottom Line:
I would like to say that most people have lied ! Almost everyone love these speakers you got a guy who said he turned his receiver all the way up to 10 ! unbelievable !? The bottom of the line receiver may make a 200-300w speaker sound distorted ........I am a dj and I have worked with receivers all my life and receiver wattage doesnt always be measured correctly.Because I have a Technics SA-303 and ADC Sound Shaper SS-450x EQ and a Technic SL QD3 turntable ,Technic Tape deck and a Apple 160gb Ipod with 34,000 Songs And They are hooked up to The DCM KX-12's And Some Sony Bookshelf And I swear That SA-303 will take on any Receiver out there!!!! But I gotta have the EQ or She cant hang........With the Sound shaper EQ you can barely go to 3 on the volume knob.........OMG The hook up I got is so Incredible and you may have to Tweak the EQ to your liking just a little ......But I was in Virginia Beach,VA and My Brother took me to a Pawn Shop and I believe $80 or $80 each and the Speakers was kind of heavy but they fitted in my car and when I got home to Jersey and I hooked only 0ne up to date and that one Rocks the house no B.S.......And I want some Cerwin Vegas so bad and maybe it 's just the color and the build but I just seen another pair of DCM's for $150 bucks Hell with them Cerwin Vegas......DCM's will ROCK YOUR MUTHA F-ING HOUSE !!!!!! tHE bASS IS INCREDIBLE! gO TO EBAY AND GET YOU A PAIR YOU WONT REGRET IT !!!!! i PROMISE

Product model year:   2009

Submitted by Jimbolina1 a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: July 2, 2015

Bottom Line:
I have had my DCM kx12's for years. I have 4 with the matching center channel speaker. Currently matched with a pioneer vsx-01thx and RSL speedwoofer10. Also two sony mb 150h for sb channels. Music, movies, or games the sound is just jaw dropping.
These speaker can be found dirt cheap now and I do not hesitate in telling you to pick up a pair in good condition. Crossover and speakers are top notch, but cabinet is this speakers drawback.
venier covered partical board. So look for water damage and seperated glue joints on any you are looking at.
Only other draw back for some would be size. They will take up some space.
The posotives far outway the negitives though.
The many years of reliable quality sound through three differant amps and four houses has proved to me that these are indeed great speakers.

Submitted by Michael Underwood a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: May 29, 2014

Bottom Line:
I purchased the kx-12s in the fall of 98'. I hooked them up, and was very impressed with the sound for the price I paid (less than 200 from Circuit City) brand new. In the year 2000, I left home, but could not take the speakers with me. I did not have the room for them nor the system, but I craved, and missed them every day. These speakers sat unplugged and unused for 14yrs., Untill I was finally able to get them and ad them to a new ht system. I dusted them off, plugged them up, and said a prayer. After all those years of non use, they looked and played like they were brand spanking new! I can personally attest to the build quality and the materials used for these speakers.

Submitted by Dean a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: January 15, 2012

Bottom Line:
MY FRIEND GAVE ME A PAIR OF THE DCM KX10"S THE SOUND IS UNBELIEVABLE !!! I RUN A GREAT OLD SCHOOL SHERWOOD WITH A TEAC EQ. SPECTRUM ANYLYSER, I HAVE A SET OF BOSE 901"S AND I HONESTLY CAN SAY THE KX10"S BLOW THE BOSE AWAY POINT BLANK. I ALWAYS THOUGHT BOSE WERE THE BEST. KX10"S HAVE PROVED THAT DIFFERENT... I NOW RUN THE 901"S REAR SPREAKERS.

Submitted by baron Mcdonagh a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: July 12, 2011

Bottom Line:
THESE SPEAKERS ARE BADASS NO SUB NEEDED NO I USE THEM AS LEFT AND RIGHT.... IL PROB KEEP THESE FOREVER BOUGHT THEM FOR 50 BUCKS THEY WERE STORED FOR 5 YEARS.... LOVE EM. BRING YOUR BOSE!!!