DCM KX-12 Series 2 Floorstanding Speakers

4.3/5 (82 Reviews) MSRP : $600.00

12" Woofer, 6" Mid and 0.75" Tweeter

Submitted by chris a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: September 5, 2013

Bottom Line:
My kx12 series two with a Sony 750w stereo will vibrate every thing around you even the floors with you standing on them they sound like klipsche tower speakerphones

Submitted by vinny a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: December 9, 2012

Bottom Line:
dam i scored picked up some dcm kx12 series 2 loudspeakers for $50 bucks with a 400watt sony 2 channle recever and thay blew me away ive herd 15inch speackers that wernt this loud enoff bace to vibrate ur whole body

Submitted by Jonathan a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: January 7, 2011

Bottom Line:
I bought a pair of DCM KX12 Series II loudspeakers after hearing them at my uncles house. I couldn't believe how much sound they put out for only being pushed by a 80watt (per channel) amplifier. I now have two sets of these and I still love them several years later. The only reason I gave them a 4 star overall rating is because the imaging isn't very good. Unless you place these in the perfect spot in your room the treble and mid-range are not nearly as loud as the bass as you walk around your room. However, sit in the sweet spot and you'll be blown away. These get so loud on my Harmon Kardon amp (40 watts per channel) that you can scream at someone standing next to you and they will struggle to hear you. Distortion? none at all! I've have yet to cause the internal circuit breaker to go off on these speakers. They go all the way up and don't distort, but that's because of the Harmon Kardon amplifier, to. I can't imagine having a quality amp in the 125watt range pushing these.... I'm pretty sure that would equate to hearing loss within a few days. Movies sound phenomenal, electronic music sounds precise and exactly like it was meant to, 80's rock sucks so I don't know about that, all you need for that crap is some wal-mart specials.

All in all, if you can even find these for sale somewhere, they are completely worth it. Everyone that's ever heard these has tried to get their hands on them. NO! I'm not selling... I'll keep these till the day their foam surrounds deteriorate and Decware says they can't do anything for me. I'm sold on DCM KX Series. My 5.1 system consist of four KX12 cabinets and a KX center channel (all series 2) being pushed from a Harmon Kardon AVR110 Receiver. Amazing sound!

Submitted by CharlieH a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: December 24, 2010

Bottom Line:
I love these speakers and still can't find any newer speakers with the base output these speakers have. These speakers are hard to find, but if you are a movie buff these are excellent for theater set ups as front speakers. The bass will blow you away...there is no need for sub woofers with these speakers.

Submitted by CGreen a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: December 20, 2009

Bottom Line:
I read a lot of these reviews on the KX 12 Series Twos. Personally I guess it depends on what type of music you are listening too. I got my pair used about a month ago and they were already ten years old. I have my pair connected to a 110 watt per channel Sony receiver with DSP. I listen to a little bit of everything but mostly West Coast Rap Music. These speakers have actually revealed parts in DJ Quik's music that I did not even know was there. I have watched movies, watched a couple of football games and a few laker games as well. As far as clarity goes, I'm not sure what these guys are referring to because when I played Al Jarreau on them, the sound was phenonemal. I can stand outside my house and hear every detail. Simply put if you can get these speakers under $200, Buy THEM!!!!!