DCM FT12 Floorstanding Speakers

• Tweeter: 19mm PEI Dome
  • Frequency Response: 25Hz-20kHz
  • Power: 250W
  • Dimensions: 35" x 13-1/8" x 16-1/16"
  • Nominal Impedance: 8

Submitted by daicompacifica a Casual Listener

Date Reviewed: October 5, 2009

Bottom Line:
I have a pair of DCM TF-400 II's that I liked so I picked up a pair of DCM FT12's for $50 on CL, the cabinets are a bit thin but the sound is good for a larger speaker. I tweeked the Midrange on my Sony DA30ES receiver and it really smoothed them out, good bass, and clear highs, the sound quality is up there with Cerwin Vega's larger speakers but I think the DCM's are smoother sounding, I just wish they would have built them with thicker MDF like the Vegas........There are other sites that say these were junk but I think that's a bit harsh since these were not $1000 speakers to begin with, if you like loud music with lots of bass then these are worth looking into, even at lower levels they still sound good.

Submitted by SteveD a Casual Listener

Date Reviewed: October 5, 2009

Bottom Line:
I have a pair of DCM TF-400 II's that I liked so I picked up a pair of FT12's for 50 bucks that look like new....the cabinets are kinda thin but the sound is decent, I'm pushing them with a DA30ES receiver and they are smooth sounding and can push the bass out without any effort.........I did however tweek the midrange on the receiver to very little (since I'm not a fan of mids anyway) and it helped smooth it all out. Many people on other sites say these were junk but I think saying they are junk is a bit harsh since these were not $1500 speakers when they were new.......the sound quality is up there with Cerwin Vega the only problem was DCM could have used thicker MDF and more internal bracing. So in conclusion if you can find a pair pick them up....