Dantax Vision Two Floorstanding Speakers

3 Way, Floor Standing. 92 dB, 4 Ohm. 45 - 22,000 Hz.

Submitted by Eti Dotan a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: January 26, 2002

Bottom Line:
I recently bought a set of Dantax speakers- (blockbaster) .I paid $499 and I must admit it was one of the best burgains I made in years! The sound quality and the bass level are surprisingly amazing, especially in relation to the size of the speakers! The sharpness and precission of these brilliant speakers enable me to listen to all my favourite kinds of music (classical, pop, jazz & house) feeling almost as if I was in a live concert!
I reccomend this product to all my friends and music lovers!

Purchased At:   Israel

Submitted by RICK SPENCER a Casual Listener

Date Reviewed: February 26, 2001

Bottom Line:
I HAVE 2 PAIRS OF BOKSHELF SPAKERS AND A SUB. I TOO STUMBLED UPON THE DANTAX BRAND. I HAD BEEN LOOKING AT THE ACOUSTIMASS SPEAKERS BY BOSE FOR QUITE SOME TIME. I WAS ABOUT TO PURCHASE THEM UNTIL I SAW THE DANTAX SPEAKERS. THE SALES PERSON SAID THEY WERE CLOSING THE ELECTRONICS PORTION OF THE STORE AND HAD SOME GREAT DEALS. I MADE THE $50 OFFER AND HE SAID SOLD. I HAVE NEVER SPENT A BETTER $50. IF YOU EVER HAVE AN OPPORTUNITY TO LISTEN OR TO BUY SOME OF THESE SPEAKERS DO NOT HESITATE.THE SOUND IS CRISP AND CLEAR INCREDIBLE FOR BOOKSHELFS. I CANNOT BE HAPPIER.

Purchased At:   NATIONWIDE WAREHOUSE

Submitted by David Ivie a an Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: March 4, 1999

Bottom Line:
Not too many people will read this review, because they have never heard of Dantax. While obscure in the US, this is a large, and well respected company in Denmark. If you happened to stumble across this review, wondering what a Dantax Vision Two is, stay tuned.
I ran into this speaker quite by accident. I went to visit the local dealer as I was interested in listening to the Merlin TSM, VSM, Platinum Solo, Duo and the Aronov line of preamps and amps.

My wife and I had spent a few hours listening to the various products. We couldn't agree one which set of speakers we liked the best. Over in the corner was a very attractive pair of floor standing speakers that caught my wife's eye. The dealer introduced us to the Dantax Vision Two.

The build quality is excellent. This is a beautiful speaker; our cabinet is finished in cherry. It's a 3-way speaker. Soft dome tweeter, 4" inch mid, and two 6" woofers. Two removable speaker panels per speaker are included. Dimensions are 38.5" H x 8" W x 12" D. There is a base to the bottom making the footprint 11" x 15". There are no spikes included, so you either need to provide your own, or find some other method of coupling/dampening these to the floor. Each speaker weighs in at about 50lbs. give or take. It is a very efficient speaker, rating 92 dB per watt per meter into a 4 ohm tap, easily driven by amps in the 20-30 watt range. Rated from 45-20K Htz, but they easily delve into the low 30 depths without significant rolloff.

How do they sound...in a word, amazing. Mine only have 100 hours on them, but I can say these are two of the finest speakers available at the price. NHT 2.5i - sit down. Coincident Technology Conquest - sit down. Meadowlark Kestral - don't even bother getting up. The Dantax Vision Two speakers are much closer to the PSB Stratus Gold ($2400) than the pretenders mentioned above. They are well balanced, nicely detailed, smooth, open. They seem to play all kinds of music well. They can rock, play jazz, blues, and classical. As they have broken in, I have determined they have excellent macro and micro dynamics (excellent startle factor). Transient response is good but not great. They image fairly well, and present a nice soundstage in width, depth and height. On the negative side they are just a bit forward (not unpleasantly so) and possibly a touch polite (again not negatively so). And as I am finding out as they break in, and as I improve the front end componentry, they improve signficantly. (Maybe they aren't that polite after all).

The Dantax Vision Two aren't easy to find, but are well worth the venture. The dealer told me the prices will increase to $1500 soon...and they will still be a ridiculous bargain. Definitely a 5 star value.