Dana Audio 1 Floorstanding Speakers

4.67/5 (3 Reviews)

Submitted by rbsnoddy a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: March 6, 2006

Bottom Line:
I bought these speakers based on reviews in Stereophile. Money well spent. I have been very happy with the performance of these speakers. They are built great and sound excellent.

Purchased At:   Mial order

Submitted by Luiz a an Audiophile

Date Reviewed: August 13, 1999

Bottom Line:
I want to say some good things about the Dana 1, not because it isn't known by the the ppeople who know good small speakers, but because it seems to have been forgotten in the shadow of the likes of the PSB Alpha.
I have to tell you I love this little speaker with a passion. It doesn't exactly shimmer at the top, nor does it growl at the bottom but in the right set up, it makes astonishingly beautiful music.

Try it coupled with the NAD 712 receiver, and any Sony ES CD player. It's all you need to enjoy real music. If you're into the sound of electronics, you will need to look elsewhere.

The beauty of it is that this musical pleasure can be had for (okay, I had to say this!) for a song.

Oh, by the way, it images far better than the PSB Alpha.

Four stars for a giant

Duration Product Used:   an Audiophile

Submitted by Thomas Rubino a an Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: July 21, 1999

Bottom Line:
I've owned a pair of Dana model 1's for the past 8 years. I paid $179. for the pair and use them for surround speakers in my home theater set up. They look like they cost twice as much as they do. They work wonderfully as direct radiator type surrounds and would be quite nice as small main speakers. The sound is smooth and considering the price (I think they now cost $199. p/pr). pretty musical. Obviously, with a 6 1/2" woofer in a fairly small enclousre, you are not going to get deep bass, but they have enough output in the mid bass region to sound balanced and they work well with a sub. In fact, that's how I use them. I've felt no need to upgrade in all these years. A very good value.