Dali Suite 1.7 Floorstanding Speakers

• Frequency response (Hz) 42-25.000
  • Crossover frequency (Hz) 2.200
  • Sensitivity (2,83V/1m.) dB 89,0
  • High frequency driver 1 x 1"
  • Low/midrange drivers 2 x 5"

Submitted by Marcel Herrebrugh a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: October 30, 2006

Bottom Line:
At first I would like to state that the problem of giving a review on the quality of a soundsystem, or in this case loudspeakers, is strongly related with the individual taste of the listener. A second problem is budget, because one can shop within vast and unlimeted price-field. A third and very personal problem is that I have an absolute hearing, wich means that I can't enter a hifi store without having problems with my budget.
Going shopping for new speakers I choose deliberly for clear and unremovable pricefrontiers. On the other hand I made the choise to do a real investment in speakercables and interconnectors.
This stratagy paid off. Less money on the amp and spaekers but no shortage on the connectors, connecting the diverent elements of the soundsystem.

This is my system: Dali floorstanding speakers suit 1.7, NAD C352 inegrated amp, Technics sl1200 mk2 (upgrated with new cable and gold connectors), project phono pre-amp, Denon DL 160 high-end mc element, ISOX 100. x03 studio connect balanced silver, ISOX speakercable 4mm silver plated.
The Dali speakers are bi-wired wich gives more dynamics, openess and colour to the sound.
In one sentence: these spaekers do perform with outstanding class and subtility.
Every detail is alive, not to bright, not to much bass. A sound in balance. Now a days people their ears are poisened with to much bass. Most of the time unatural deep, sub or whatever. Midrange, the frequences in wish our ear performs best, is most offen forgotten. Wanting speakers to be able to give those unnatural deep base one has to pay unrealistic amounts of money.
The Dali suit 1.7 gives a balanced and natural sound for a balanced price. It gives me all the detail I want to hear off my records. These speakers have exceptional good timing in this pricesegment so it will give listeners of jazz, dance, pop, rock and classical music equial pleasure.
And having a NAD amp of 100 watts, playing on a 4 ohm 160 watts Dali suit 1.7 speakersytem: it's a lot of sound for a livingroom.

I CAN RECOMMEND THESE SPEAKERS TO ANYONE WHO IS INTERESTED IN A HONEST AND A BALANCED SOUND.

Marcel Herrebrugh