Coincident Speaker Technology Super Eclipse Floorstanding Speakers

Frequency Response: 28hz - 35khz Impedance: 14 ohms ( never dropping below 10 ) Sensitivity: 92 db @ 1m -1 watt Power Requirements: 7 watts - 300 watts Dimensions: 42" H x 8" W x 16" D Weight: 92 lbs ea.

Submitted by Music4Life a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: April 20, 2012

Bottom Line:
In the world of audio components for the enthusiasts and the audiophiles alike, the quest to upgrade to better speakers seldomly stops. As such, I have had some the opportunities to own some nice speakers such as Audio Physic, etc. Now, I have picked these up on the used market at a decent price, and not a single ounce of regrets. These speakers not only look beautiful, feel solid; they also sound so fantastic. All three spectrums of sound are nicely produced in abundance and as recorded on the source. The highs are rich and never bright. The mids are just so lush. The bass fills in very nicely and thus, offers an exceptional listening experience every time. I have had many countless hours of joy with these speakers and my guests are so utterly impressed every time they are over for dinner. These speakers are driven with a Shanling SCD-T200A CD player, Marsh 1000P hybrid preamp, and Plinius SA-100mkIII class A solid state amp. It will be extremely difficult for me to get trade these for something else. I will be holding on to these for a long while.

Submitted by Thaiq a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: May 5, 2003

Bottom Line:
Deliver accuracy, stunning transparency, images and focuses with a lateral spread offering greater depth of field. Placing them 60" away from the front wall, a slight toe-in, with woofers facing towards each other. 36" from the side walls and spread apart of 96" from each other. These speakers really get the vocals right and sound an admirable amount of detail and bloom around individual instruments with at least 100 hours of burn-in.

Submitted by Rick a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: November 18, 2002

Bottom Line:
I cannot imagine having any other speakers in my room, save for the Total Eclipses. While not an inexepensive speaker, the Super's are just way too good for the dollars. I have powered my pair with a few amps, and the sound has been phenomenal with all of them. With my BAT VK60 the sound has been as glorious as i could wish for. I dont want to start talking about the typical audiogeek speak, lets just say that these Coincident speakers deliver all aspects of music reproduction with ease. The Supers just flat dissappear and let the music take control of your heart, soul and mind.
Go out and find a pair to listen to, they are quite good looking as well as great sounding.

Purchased At:   Coincident Speaker T

Submitted by John Cidulka a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: December 27, 2000

Bottom Line:
This speaker is one that everyone who listens to all musical genres should audition. It is a tremendous value. Sure, $5500 is not cheap, but this $5500 investment goes further than 99% of the other speakers in its class.

To my ears, it is best mated with a single ended system and a warm source. I have it mated with a pair of Manley Retros, an Audio Electronic Supply AE3 preamp and an Audio Note CD3. The Manleys are supreme and the little AE3 is an incredible bargain if you are comfortable with living with a stripped down component. FYI, I was advised from the kind folks at Upscale Audio (www.upscaleaudio.com) and Mr. Blume himself on the amp and pre amp. The Audio Note CD 3 was my own find - a lush, vinly sounding tubed CD player with tremendous detail, but not to forced - very natural.

Go find your nearest Coincident dealer and demo a pair yourself. You will not be disappointed.

Submitted by Peter a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: September 5, 2000

Bottom Line:
I dont own a pair.I have spent many hours listing to the Super Eclipse at my local audio dealer.I have auditioned many pieces of gear amps pre amps cd players Turntables through these.I own a pair of Coincident Super Conquests.All I can say is when I can afford them the Super Eclipse will be comming home.I wont go into a technical babble about their great sound.Find a local dealer and go listen.Chances are you will bring them home.
The rest of my system is
Rogue M120
Rogue 66
Anthem CD 1
Well Tempered Clasic c/w Benz Micro Glider
Kenwood KA-8300 Vintage tuner
Coincident IC
Audioquest Midnight speaker cable.
Atlantis a/v Stand.