Cerwin Vega VS 120 Floorstanding Speakers

4.48/5 (81 Reviews) MSRP : $345.00

3 way bass reflex, 12-in woofer, 4-in mid, 1-in tweeter

Submitted by Heem a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: February 29, 2016

Bottom Line:
Cerwin-Vega! VS-120 Specs

Type: 12" 3-Way (12", 4", 1")
Frequency Response: 28Hz - 22kHz
Power Handling: 5/250 watts
Sensitivity: 97db
Nominal Impedance: 4 ohms
Crossover Points: 300Hz, 6kHz
Dimensions: 32" x 16.5" x 14.75"
Weight: 57 lbs. each

Submitted by Dee Based a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: February 28, 2016

Bottom Line:
I picked these up in almost mint condition for $75/pair in the parking lot of a Jack in the Box in Ahwatukee, Az. Seller was moving to Texas and didn't want to move them halfway across the country. When I saw them in person - I understood why! They are 32" high, 16.5" wide, 14.75" deep and weigh 57 lbs. EACH. After hauling them upstairs to my apartment and hooking them up to a Pioneer Elite receiver, I remembered why I love Cerwin-Vegas so much!

These speakers are incredible. The amount of bottom end they put out just makes everything sound wonderful. Other speakers sound thin and weak, like something from a transistor radio. To me the C-V bass does not overpower the rest of the music, just provides a much fuller, more rich bottom end, all the way down to 28Hz - that's lower than some subs!

These are 20 year old speakers, so the capacitors in the crossovers need to be replaced. I'm using a combo of Obbligatos for the tweet caps, Daytons for the mids, and Bennic electrolytics for the power caps. I'm also replacing the tweeters, which are the weak spot in this otherwise stellar speaker. If you get a set of these, you will experience music like never before. Oh yeah, and since Cerwin-Vega! bills itself as "The LOUD speaker company" I should mention these get LOUD. Like, really loud. Like, shake the building loud. And sound great (low distortion at high volumes) doing it!

Submitted by Rico martin a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: January 1, 2016

Bottom Line:
This is my second pair of cerwin vegas my first pair got stolen my Car speakers also got stolen, how ever I fun mine On a 300 watt per channel Kenwood amp and the Vegas kick butt!! They sound much better than my Bose speakers, I was surprised yet the bass response is just awsom!! I love cerwin Vega period!! Only problem I have is that they don't print brochures, so I can't read on them any more? My vs 120's are great!! I wish I could find another pair??? Thank you keep building them please.

Submitted by cvfan a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: April 8, 2014

Bottom Line:
Hi there. I am happy to say I'm the proud owner of a set of VS120'S. I also have the 100's and the 80's. The ve5c helps even everything out with movies along with the ve-28 subwoofer for the lows. The overall experience is rather thrilling at least for myself.
These speakers sound great! I love bass but have more than ill ever need till im in a house. (Live in a complex. :-/ These perform well at all levels of audio. I can honestly say as well that yiu would need to spend much more $ to be getting much better of a sound. Great speakers and Very very satisfied.

Submitted by Dennis a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: March 15, 2014

Bottom Line:
I picked up these Cerwin-Vega Vs-120s with an onkyo 2 channell amp and a Kenwood home theater amp for a total of 20 bucks which I think is a total steal!