Cerwin Vega VEGA-10,12,15 (4 or 8 ohms) Floorstanding Speakers

4.35/5 (20 Reviews)

Double Bump V max surrounds,Progressive Roll Spider, Kev-lite/Pulp cones, 15 pound magnet assemblies, 400 watt RMS, 800 watt max rating (Vega 12), Cast aluminum frame, vented motor assembly.

Submitted by Ron a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: January 10, 2004

Bottom Line:
i find cerwin vega the best ever subs. i have one 15" vmax newest sub. i have a rockford 1200 amp running it. in a 1995 ford escort. it can blow my windows out not joken. if you want a sub that can really rock your car to like nothing else cerwin vega best subs to do it. my friends has 2 10" and they rip his face off. so just think what my 15" dose. i would never buy anything else the ncerwin vega (the ppl out their that have them you made the best choice)

Purchased At:   Crow River Sound

Submitted by Art Certeza a Audiophile

Date Reviewed: January 14, 2001

Bottom Line:
I bought two 12' vega series subs from a friend and I am pushing them with a CFA1000D amp! Damn! let me tell you, my system pounds! It sounds just so damn good in and out of the car! I hit around 145.7db and that's just with no dynamat and no other changes done to the car. I love these subs and they really are some kicking subs. A team member from the group I am in used to run 4 12's and he hit 155.4db with no changes to the car. I plan on running 4 15's vegaD4 in a 97 Honda civic. In the Cerwin-Vega website, some guy ran two 15's and placed a record of 161.0, that's with just two, could you imagine 4 !!! Cerwin Vega makes some good subs for SPL, which is good for DB Drags...Cerwin-Vega SPL record holders and still growing...

Purchased At:   from a friend

Submitted by Kevin Moore a Audiophile

Date Reviewed: December 27, 2000

Bottom Line:
I mistakenly blew out one of my E312 woofers by taking it out of the cabinet and powering it (very dumb). So I bid on two of these Vega 124s on E-Bay over the summer and installed them in my E312 cabinets. I have been very impressed with these speakers. They seem more relaxed during all music, and basically run stone cold with my dinky Sharp 120W/channel. I know these are car subs, but they definately sound great in a home system.

I just need to get more power now...and ideally, a bigger mid-range for my E312, to cover the mid-bass, but that's not really gonna happen. I'm happy with the performance and frequency response the way it is.

BTW, I sent the damaged woofer to CV out in CA, and they sent it back, repaired, under the warranty. Great warranty (on the E312s)!

Purchased At:   E-Bay

Submitted by Aaron Hunt a Audiophile

Date Reviewed: December 10, 2000

Bottom Line:
If u want bass, the CERWIN VEGA-VEGA SERIES is it for u. I have 2 Vega 12's w/a rockford fosgate 800W amp putting 400W rms for each sub. I'm a bass head. When these were put into my Z28, thought the back window was gonna go. It might soon. I've been doing research on a lot of subs for my car, but by far, these subs will stay. I like it, but cops don't. They might even get u a ticket or two. Oh well.

Purchased At:   online

Submitted by Brian Adams a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: August 1, 2000

Bottom Line:
i just want to cover something really quick...people compare sub to sub no matter the power, the cost, the intention of the company..or the intention of the sub.
You cant just come out and say..well my subs are better cause they cost 400$ a piece and hold 1200 watts power..Big Deal thats why CV made a stroker.. IT BEATS EVERYTHING IN SPL's it took 64 10's, 48,000 watts to beat 12 15's with only 7200 WATTS!! AND THEN ONLY BY 3 DB. if you take any sub...50$ give or take 200 watts give or take..nothing outdoes a CV Vega Series...Ive heard thousands of subs...been to DB drags..toyed with it all. CV built a sub that just can slam your hatchback, trunk, whatever till it shatters the glass. I have 2 12's in a ported box..EXACT PORT LENGTH for a 2.688 cubic foot per sub..in a small hatchback of a 94 eclipse...my rear view mirror falls down and i cant keep it up. I have the vega 3200 amp only 160x2 rms. and i cant breathe when i turn it up..the inside of my ears hurt...im sorry, but there is nothing like it!!
if you wanna hit harder dont by anything else...get a stroker! PERIOD!!!