Cerwin Vega Re-20 Floorstanding Speakers

4.67/5 (6 Reviews) MSRP : $410.00

8" woofer and 1" tweeter

Submitted by Judd a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: July 14, 2017

Bottom Line:
I purchased these speakers more than twenty years ago at the age of nineteen and I am now forty three years old. I LOVE THESE THINGS! I have had to rebuild the woofer because the surround deteriorated due to age but they sound great as ever. Never been more satisfied with a speaker or a purchase. Running on a Pioneer VSX 405

Submitted by Keith Ogren a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: October 25, 2001

Bottom Line:
I bought these speakers for my “Garage” stereo, because of the reviews I have read here. I just love these speakers. I am running them with a vintage Sansui AU-9500 integrated amplifier (85 watts/ch) and they really crank.

The first thing I did when I got them home was to take each of the woofers out and check to see if there was enough insulation inside them. There were very poorly dampened, so I properly packed them with insulation and that made a world of difference. They became smoother, not as raspy and had better bass response.

I like them so much, I have bid on another pair of them off of Ebay.

Purchased At:   EBay

Submitted by Ian Blenkinsop a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: February 3, 2000

Bottom Line:
These are great speakers I needed a new set for my mini system for my dorm room, I mounted them on stands and they are great, a lot more bass then I would have thought. They will move to my rears when I get outta my dorm room.

Submitted by Rob Peterson a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: January 25, 2000

Bottom Line:
These little things are great. They have very good base. More than I expected. A very good buy for your money! I use them for my surrounds at home. But right now they are my only speakers in my dorm room. They sound better if you have speaker stands though.

Submitted by Taylor a an Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: September 29, 1999

Bottom Line:
These little bastards put out some great sound, I've had mine for about a year. Best bang for your buck