Cerwin Vega LS-15 Floorstanding Speakers

4.83/5 (29 Reviews) MSRP : $900.00

3-Way Floor Standing Model Frequency Response: 26 Hz - 20 kHz Power Handling: 400 watts Sensitivity: 102 dB Impedance: 8 ohm compatible

Submitted by Jaden a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: February 17, 2014

Bottom Line:
best speaker ive ever owened, if you ever want an amazing set of speakers that sound there best at ALL volumes, low and high. And they have the added benifit of having ground shaking bass so never a need for any subwoofers. if you just relax to some tunes or throw an amazing party these are the ones for you, lows mids and highs are all flawless, its all flawless, CERWIN VEGA KNOWS WHO TO ROCK!! these are perfect for anyone who loves music, but remember these speakers are made to rock. not to sit back and sip on tea listening to opera. but yet these speakers could even make that sound good

Submitted by acer427 a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: February 22, 2010

Bottom Line:
ok i got a set of LS-15's i just got to pick them up this week but i have a PIONEER VSX-454 400 watt HIGH POWERED RECEIVER just would like to know will it light up the big big boys LS-15 CERWIN VEGAS If you have any info pleace let me know and i am useing all 15 gage monster wire with 24 K gold MONSTER CONNECTORS IN A COOL TEMP ROOM

Submitted by JOHN a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: November 6, 2003

Bottom Line:
I was was a bit hesitant when buying these speakers. I bought them for the bass. If you like deep low-end this is a good speaker choice for the money. I am not sure how the paper cone will hold up over the years. I have considered buying other speakers since I purchased these but I am in love with the low-end this speaker can pump out. If you put these in a surround/multi-channel setting the bass will shake you. I have had people tell me they can fell the whole house shake. My only complaint is that it is sometimes tough to make out all the highs and mids 'cuz the bass is a bit too heavy on these puppies. It is a good quality speaker that I recommend these for the deep bass lover...

Purchased At:   Best Buy

Submitted by Brent Gustafson a Casual Listener

Date Reviewed: November 8, 2002

Bottom Line:
Just to let everyone know, i am only 15 years old, so if you want someone who has alot more experience with more products you may want to skip over this review. I saved up all summer for these, tried to get them from best buy, and the lady gave me some BS about them not being able to carry them in store because they were too loud, so i went shopping and got a better deal at savelots.com i think it was. Soo far i am more then impressed, i am comparing them to my dads Infinity ((or infiniti, i dont remember which one is the car and which one is the speaker.)) 15" 4-way speakers, a pair of fried model b's and a 5.1 kenwood/boston acoustics suround sound system. I have a Luxman 1040 receiver ((40w x 2)) and have found that my 40 watts per channel pushes them fine, they seem to be able to take less wattage then some people say they can.
after listening to them and my fried's, i have found them to be a far more superior speaker, the high end is extremely crisp, the low end is extremely smooth, and the mid range is just perfect ((although can be distorted if i hook up my marantz 2270 [70w x 2] and turn the mid range up 3/4 the way, which i have found to sound less powerfull due to the low damping factor rating))
Although some people say they aren't a good speaker for an audiophile, i disagree, ive listened to everything from travis tritt, to outkast, to led zeppelin, to billy joel, to mozart. The trumpets in "Chicago" are very clear and crisp, Billy Joels piano sounds extremely smooth, led zeppelin can be cranked to ungodly sound levels, and outkast can be drowned out with all of the bass that the 15" woofers put out. I was afraid maybe i would have a little buyers remorse, but after a little under a year i still have not found a better speaker, they are up there maybe a little past the sound quality of Bose 901's for alot less mulah.

Purchased At:   savelots.com

Submitted by Mickey Hodge a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: April 4, 2002

Bottom Line:
I once heard this guy complaining about C.V. speakers. "They're just big and loud"- no kidding moron. These are the biggest, loudest speakers available to the average consumer. With a simple trip up to Best Buy, and an $850 (with an extended warranty) kick in the wallet, you too, can find yourself taking complaint calls from neighbors. I'm not talking about next-door neighbors. I'm talking about the guy five doors down- no joke. We have thrown many parties in our soundproofed basement with very little reaction. One time, though, we actually went through the trouble of hauling these beasts to a friends house (a facillity not as accomadating for 102 db of sound). We literally had the cops called on us from a neighbor 5 doors down.

Audiophiles, I'm sure, are very interested to hear about how well the sound image fills the room with their paper 15" woofers and midrange 6 1/2"s. I know everyone wants to know if the soft dome tweeters stack up to that of a titanium alloy, fiber mesh composite. Audiophiles- (with your endless checkbooks and seriously boring listening habits) don't buy this speaker. It may require you to put a decent C.D. into your $4,000 player and have some friends over for a few drinks.

I love these speakers!!!