Cerwin Vega E-315 Floorstanding Speakers

4.85/5 (13 Reviews) MSRP : $560.00

3 Way, 400W RMS power - 15" Woofer, 6.5" Mid and 1" Tweeter

Submitted by Carellano a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: November 1, 2009

Bottom Line:
I HAVE HAD THE E 315 SET OF SPEAKERS, FOR MORE THAN 6 YEARS, MOSTLY 80´S AND HARD ROCK, AM A BASS ADICT, I USE A SANSUI AMPLIFIER FOR 750 WATTS RMS, PIONEER EXPANDER EX-9000, TEI DUAL 18 BAND GRAPHIC EQUALIZER, DENNON DUAL CD MIXER, PIONEER REVERB AND ECHO EFECT LAB, I REALLY BLAST THE VOLUME ON THE CERWIN VEGA E-315, EVEN MAKE MY NEIGHBORS MAD, SOME PICTURES IN THEIR WALL FELL OFF, GREAT PRODUCT, AM ORDERING 1 SET OF 15" SUB WOOFERS FOR MY CAR. YOU SHOUL BY CERWIN VEGA BEFORE JBL, OR ANY BRANCH, REQUEST A BASS DEMO, AND WILL SEE WHY !!!

Submitted by earlymorningscott a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: February 5, 2009

Bottom Line:
I bought these beauties over ten years ago and they have been played out often (taken to party after party constantly)...only now after such a punding have they started to deteriorate...10 years loud music...great value!
Does anyone know how best to get the cones repaired..(mid on one speaker)..???

Submitted by Shannon Miller a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: February 1, 2009

Bottom Line:
Cerwin Vega makes the absolute best sound large home speakers on the market. Forget the wimpy and flat sounding products like Bose, nothing close to this price range will have the clarity or bass output of CV. I also own the VS and Re series Cerwin Vega cabinets, and even though a sub is not needed whatsoever with these, I will be adding a few very large custom sub cabinets for the ultimate in home theater. There is a little difference in sound between the different CV 3-way 15" cabinets, but no complaints on any of them. Thanks Cerwin Vega for your continued excellence!

Submitted by Nuglets a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: October 3, 2005

Bottom Line:
I purchased my E-315 from a friend for a great price of $375 for the pair. I have never been displeased with them. They hit very hard, especially when I use my EQ and boost the lows. The amplifier I use is a Peavy that puts out 300 WRMS per channel @ 8 Ohms, so they get a little work-out, but they just love it. I pound the hell out of these babies and they have never complain, and they sound great with my sub(no need for sub, but I like it anyways).

Purchased At:   Friend in need.

Submitted by MrPorterhouse a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: January 7, 2004

Bottom Line:
I've heard these at Nick's house over the years and I had to write a little sum-in-sum-in. Great party speakers, kick like a mofo and don't complain. Incredible power-handling capabilities.

Purchased At:   Nick's House