Cerwin Vega E-312 Floorstanding Speakers

4.17/5 (35 Reviews) MSRP : $360.00

Floor standing speaker with 12 inch woofer

Submitted by Andy R a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: July 31, 2013

Bottom Line:
My dad bought these speakers a few years ago. He bought them used and at first I was a little sceptical about how they would sound because I know that Cerwin Vega is the "loud" speaker company and from recent CV's I was not actually impressed by some of there newer models. But listening to these speakers now, I gotta say they're amazing. For speakers that are 10 years old, they play beautifully. The high frequency come out clear and crisp and the midrange is just so ear pleasing. The sub woofer can really be pushed with out distorting. We paired these speakers with a Behringer Euro live 1600 watt sub woofer (Don't judge me, we borrowed it from my uncle for a wedding) and that sub woofer could not keep up with these speakers. We got the CV's playing loud and the sub woofer couldn't match the volume with out clipping. These speakers are worth the money and would sound great as use as a home theatre speaker or even as a pro audio speaker (for small house party's).

Submitted by Steve a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: November 22, 2010

Bottom Line:
Very good speakers for the price. Purchased mine on sale 14 to 15 years back. The foam around the woofer started to fall apart, 26.00 for the fix it kit, no big deal. Wife wants newer larger speakers, same brand. I'll fix these and then purchase 2 more.

Submitted by Charlie04SiR a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: July 17, 2010

Bottom Line:
Let me start by saying that I purchased my E-312's from a reputable audio studio and when i listened to the ones they had set up in the demo room, I was completely in awe. One of the most clearest, cleanest sounding CV's I EVER heard! High end that just screams detail without being harsh or shrilled, Midrange that is so clear and accurate that it jumps out at you as if the performance is right there live in front of you, Bass is so strong, quick, flat and REALLY strong without any roll off. bass goes straight down, low and mean as if it's flying off a cliff in an airplane across the valley of the kings! All around performance. ALOT of BANG for the buck, here folks. I am a VERY critical listener and the E-312 is one of the best sounding speakers I EVER heard. They are powerful enough, and detailed enough to project every nuance from barely a whisper to the LOUD as hell 300 Watt power handling. I'd say that puts them on par with any other speaker costing hundreds or even thousands more. Those high end high dollar speakers are more for the glamour puss because the high cost reflects nothing more than name brand and cosmetics. I say save you rhard earned money and go for the E-312 or even the E-315 if you like Bass you can "feel". Unfortunately, my review comes 11 years after I purchased mine because I did not hook mine up until a few days ago! These are long discontinued and are pretty hard to find nowadays in good condition. If you find a pair of E-312's, DO NOT pass them up!

Submitted by flash flood a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: March 19, 2009

Bottom Line:
I bought these christmas of 99 and I hvae to say I like them but not as much as other vegas that I have especially my RE 30's, but to complement my other speakers they do the job. the bass is real good the highs and mids are ok it really helps to use an eq on these. I'm running them on a technical pro hb 2501 hybrid pushing roughly 250 watts rms to each speaker and they handle every bit of it. if you can find these anywhere now and you need speakers I would get them but if you have a choice get the RE 30's and you definately won't be disappointed.

Submitted by itsmllrtym a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: November 5, 2002

Bottom Line:
Upgraded from fisher 15s to these and ran them with a Kenwood VR-357. Recently Upgraded that to a HK AVR120. These speakers always sounded great, I live in a fraternity and always had loud clear sound. These things are much better with the more powerful HK though. They aren't klipsch, but then again people buying these aren't looking for klipsch either. They deliver highs and bass very well. These are my first pair of CVs, i bought the E-706s to compliment them as surrounds, they are nice as well in my opinion. On a budget? Buy these.

Purchased At:   Ebay