Cerwin Vega CVT-10 Floorstanding Speakers

4.67/5 (3 Reviews) MSRP : $1998.00

10" Woofer, 7" Mid and 1" Tweeter

Submitted by Ed Nickens a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: January 18, 2001

Bottom Line:
These Speakers are sliding off the market and are being replaced by a front force speaker the, E series. The C series places lows and mids in the room on the Left & Right, Center CVT (LCR), not out of the front like traditional speakers. I like them so well I purchased the CVT12's and the CVT(LCR).

Purchased At:   Fry's Electronics

Submitted by Stephen Hays a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: June 26, 2000

Bottom Line:
These speakers look good seem to be made strong. I am really impressed with the great bass and the overall tightness of the speakers. I bought a pair off of Ubid delivered to the door for $202.00. I can't find anything wrong with my investment. I might buy another pair.

Submitted by Drak a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: December 15, 1999

Bottom Line:
Got these speakers last week, have them hooked up to a new Sony STRDE-835 (probably not the right amp for these speakers, but I couldn't afford better right now). These speakers are certainly not your typical Vegas, they are sleek, good-looking, and sound as good as any speaker I've ever heard. I'm not a pro, but I've played Chet Baker, Seal, Mozart, and Soundgarden on these things and I have yet to be disappointed by the output. I am still fiddling with the graphic equalizer, but already the vocals are clear and crisp, bass is tight and powerful (I played the intro to the Lion King for my 11 month old, and when those elephants came over the hill, I felt it in my...well, you know the body part). You really don't need to add a subwoofer to these things unless you are really a bass freak. Overall I am completely satisfied with my purchase. Granted I don't have much to compare them to, but if you are in the market for a set of Home Theater speakers, consider these. I give them 5 stars for value, mostly because I think these speakers are going to outlive me, and 5 stars overall because I have yet to find a flaw.