Celestion C3 Floorstanding Speakers

4.67/5 (3 Reviews) MSRP : $1500.00

tower speaker

Submitted by Disabled a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: December 22, 2003

Bottom Line:
On my quest for new loudspeakers I knew where I had to look. Celestion was my first love ( and it will be my last .. ).But .. I couldn't find their latest Flagship , the C3 , anywhere ! After months and months I gave up my search and went looking for other brands.. Monitor Audio , Castle Acoustics , JBL , Tannoy , etc .. But none could really give me the sound I was looking for .. Then one day , I received an e-mail from someone who knew I was looking and told me the C3's where on sale in a german store.I went there straight away , I called to reserve the speakers and drove from Belgium to Germany for a pair of Loudspeakers.When back at home I placed them in my HT and I was stunned .. The music I played and the movies I watched came to life. The inmense detail , the sharpness , the subtle controlled bass .. It was all there ! I love these speakers ! Apart from a subwoofer , I own a complete Celestion set with Celestion 9 rears , Celestion C3 fronts and Celestion C4C center.It's heaven.

Purchased At:   Hifi-Schludenbacher

Submitted by efim13 a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: April 23, 2002

Bottom Line:
I got convinced into buying the speakers by the salesperson and by the fact that the distributor was in need of cash and had a big sale on those so the price was great (1500 USD for 2 C3's, 1 subwoofer, 2 surrounds and 1 center).
I use them mainly for watching DVD's connected to Dennon 3802 and so far they performed well. Nice clean not overly bright sound with excelent details. They cope quite well with normal music listening but this part I was unable to test fully as my cd player died.

Purchased At:   Best Buy

Submitted by Alex a Audiophile

Date Reviewed: September 15, 2001

Bottom Line:
Latest technology.
Traditional CELESTION sound.
Attractive outlook.
Well balance on AV effect when matching with C4c Center Channel.
Suitable for music reproduction as well.

Purchased At:   Fortress