Cambridge Soundworks Tower III Floorstanding Speakers

4.4/5 (5 Reviews) MSRP : $600.00

2-Way Floorstanding Speaker - 8" Woofer and 1" Tweeter

Submitted by Pat Mattero a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: June 22, 2001

Bottom Line:
These are pretty good speakers for someone on a budget. They sounded a little flat in the store but I was able to overlook that when they told me I could have the B-stock for $250. When I set them up at home they were a lot better in the bottom end then I expected (putting them in the corner is a good idea) I also used my Onkyo SV70 pro receiver to power them at first but soon switched them onto my Nikko Alpha 220 amp. Switching to this amp tightened the bottom end quite well. I use these with a Cambridge sound works center stage,(seeing that they have no midrange driver the center channel compliments them very well). Using them in surround mode or just in stereo they are worth $250 or even $350 if you can’t pick up a set of B-stock. (B-stock has the same warranty and trade in guarantee. They are better than the bose at about the same price but they not as good as my Ohm C2’s were. (C2’s were also over $500). The money I saved let me invest in the Nikko amp.

Purchased At:   CSW

Submitted by Frank a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: April 10, 2001

Bottom Line:
I traded up for these speakers when I returned the New Ensemble II. These speakers sound great in my home theaterand for music. The price is hard to beat for the quality of sound you receive.
My System:

Sub: JBL PB-10

Purchased At:   CSW

Submitted by Jeff Walkup a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: March 6, 2001

Bottom Line:
These are on sale this month (3/01) for a mere $350/pair. For the money, there isn't a better speaker I think. They are very similar to the world-reknown Model 6 bookshelf speaker, only these are good sized floor-standing models.
8" composite woofer, 1" soft dome silk tweeter, with a port in the back for pretty decent bass. Rated to 45hz which isn't low, but for a small room, the bass is adequate. I run them in a HT setup with a 8" subwoofer though, and there is plenty of bass. The highs are great, bright and open without sounding harsh or metallic. These are great sounding speakers overall, and while I don't think I'd pay full price ($600) for $350 they are a steal. For me, a great upgrade to the tiny Ensemble III's that I was using as mains!

Submitted by Joe G a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: October 16, 2000

Bottom Line:
I am a college student who wanted a nice speaker to blast loud that would remain crystal clear at high volumes. I am running it off a Technics 100 x 5 receiver. Its amazing. I was afraid the base was going to be not loud enough in my 15x15 room, i was wrong. The music fills the room like nothing ive ever experienced. It makes me just want to close my eyes, drink a beer, and let the music completly envelop my body.

God Bless Cambridge Soundworks.

Even if I blow the friggen things they are under 10 year warrenty!!! 10 years!!!!

Purchased At:   Cambridge Soundworks

Submitted by Bill a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: January 26, 2000

Bottom Line:
I picked up these speakers once I returned the New Ensemble II. This duo could satisfy any home theater enthusiast. The price is hard to beat for the quality of sound you receive. It is a bass reflex cabinet with an 8 inch woofer and a 1 inch soft dome tweeter. Sometimes I have to check to see if my surround speakers are on because of the way these speakers produce sound!