Boston Acoustics BA 635 Floorstanding Speakers

4.8/5 (10 Reviews) MSRP : $99.00

3-Piece Powered Multimedia speakers for computers

Submitted by Tom Razmologov a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: October 17, 2002

Bottom Line:
I chose Boston Acoustics because I've always known that they made exceptional sound systems that delivered crisp and clear sound. Knowing their quality and sound, the price was the final determining factor. When i actually tried them out at home, WOW! What sound for a 3 piece! This sub sounds like a 12 inch stereo sub. I simply refuse to watch DVD's on my TV and sacrifice the size of the screen for the sound of this system. Its like you're at the movies, well almost! This system is simply incredible, Thank You, Boston Acoustics!

Purchased At:   Best Buy

Submitted by Nathan Crowell a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: December 31, 2001

Bottom Line:
Incredible little sub-sat combo. We got them in last Christmas at the Tweeter store I work at, and set them on display hooked up to a Panasonic DVD portable. The sub was just sitting on a counter, in open air, and it still produced an incredible amount of output for a 4.5 inch driver in a little plastic box. The peak spl for this little combo is (if I remember correctly) around 105 decibels at 1 m. The satellites produce very clear, if somewhat bright, sound, and when the bass module is placed in a corner, it produces an impressive amount of output. Obviously this is not an audiophile speaker set, but it is an excellent value, even at $70 retail, and is better than any system I can think of at that price point.

Purchased At:   Tweeter

Submitted by Andreas a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: April 26, 2001

Bottom Line:
I was planning on buying myself a set of better speakers for my computer, so I read a lot of reviews and everyone was just crazy about the BA635 so I bought them. Even after what people had said I was really surprised by the sound these little things can let out! The sound is rich and crystal clear and the bass is enourmous for the size of the subwoofer. There is no detectable distortion of any kind when the sound levels are fine (that is actually a problem with the soundcards because of their weak amplifiers the distortion levels increase when amplified through the soundcards). Ofcourse these speakers aren't a match to some loudspeakers in volume, but they beat many in sound quality and that is what I expect from my system. I won't be needing external stereos... Simply better than anything I have ever tried before! Higly recommended!

Submitted by Ragbar a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: January 27, 2001

Bottom Line:
I have used these with my Gateway computer for almost two years and I am still amazed by the sound quality this little guys produce. Don't be put off by their size -- the sound is much, MUCH bigger! On occasion the left speaker goes out for a few seconds, but I just tap it and everything's fine. For music listening, these are SUPERB and can easily fill a college dorm room with room to spare. The incredibly low price makes this an essential purchase for anyone who is sick of their old tin can speakers and wants to upgrade. I never heard of Boston Acoustics prior to obtaining these speakers but I am definitely keeping my ears open to their new products now!

Submitted by Randall Reese a Casual Listener

Date Reviewed: September 28, 2000

Bottom Line:
Wow!
Thats about all I could say when I hooked these up.The sounds that come from these are great for the size vs price.I mean there are better I am sure but at a much higher price.These speakers are a must for computer folks who listen to MP3.BA has done it again with giving excellent value for the money in a great product

Purchased At:   Computer store Bangkok