Bose Acoustimass 3 Floorstanding Speakers

3.38/5 (47 Reviews) MSRP : $600.00

2 Single Cube Speakers with small passive 'Sub'

Submitted by Accordguyintake a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: December 10, 2009

Bottom Line:
Got these for my Aunt. I BEGGED her not to get them but of course people want their space inside a room... Got them for her on Amazon and had it shipped to my house so i can get a thorough review before installing them. The packaging and overall appearance of the product SEEMED nice... Initial listening gave the impression of decent highs and mids, a lack of lower end, but an overall flat sound. Listening to them for awhile made my eyes used to them and "think" it sounded good until i switched back to my Paradigm 5SE Mk3s. It just lacks the depth, detail, and imaging that the larger speakers deliver. I also discovered that one cube was not working properly... At louder volumes it's fine but turn it lower on songs with lots of mid-range and the sound that comes out is nasty and distorted... it's not slight either... it almost screams like it's dying. If it werent for this snag i'd rate it overall a 3 but this just shows the quality control of BOSE. Honestly for 200 dollars it's really not too shabby... any more though and i'd be dissapointed.

Submitted by Noel (virginia Beach) a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: February 3, 2009

Bottom Line:
I have been using PSB Alpha MIni for almost ten years now and my next upgrade is Totem Model 1 which I have enjoyed listening for about 3 years now. One day while I was at BJ's in Norfolk,VA I saw this Bose System for $210.00 as floor sample and I have been thinking of buying a good sounding computer speaker but I always get discouraged because I am used to listening to good sound from current sets of speakers, then I saw this Bose System which is really cheap(which includes the remarkable Onkyo receiver and two nice stands), for the price this system did not disappoint me at all and all these years that I have been reading bad reviews about Bose I wondered if they have really listened and played quality CD recording with Bose System. If you can afford this brand of speaker system buy it because only people with hearing impairment and bad judgment will not fully appreciate this wonderful system. My PSB and Totem are powered by NAD amplifier.

Product model year:   2007

Submitted by Ata a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: January 11, 2009

Bottom Line:
I think that bose acoustimass 3 seems to be a good one in terms of sound clarity, power absorption & durability.

Product model year:   2007

Purchased At:   500

Submitted by kzaki a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: December 14, 2007

Bottom Line:
Sounds goods overall even at very low volume it produce all the frequencies.
I Wonder y people hate bose and dey just write ridculous review please ignore all of them... only consider good reviews and just believe on your ears and i can bet u wont be disappoint when u listen these tiny speakers with such a HI-FI sound
dey are power hungry the more power u give them better they sounds.
i have tried them on 55 to 100 watts amp @ 8 ohms and they sound much more better with very gud detail and soundstaging on 80 to 100 watt amplifier.

Submitted by Jeaycis a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: November 27, 2006

Bottom Line:
I was at Circuit City and just by chance walked by a sales tag that said the price of the bose was 123.96 clearence. I asked the sale guy, and he confirmed. So needless to say, I picked up a pair, I mean bose speakers for that price, why wouldnt I? I own an am5 series 3 and love it. I use it in a up stairs bedroom in my home that is my ht room and it does deliver. My Dad has always wanted a bose system so, I thought, why not get them for a gift for him to start him off. I didnt want to give him something that sounded bad, so I need to test them in my home first, but of course I didnt want to give him an opened package, what did I do, I bought two pair, The last two CC had. I figured, if they suck, I'll just take them back, If there good, I can take back the opened pair, and give him the new set. Thank goodnees, no open box fee at CC. Well, I wasnt about to connect them to my ht room reciever, I know that would be too powerful, so I decided to connect them to a panasonic micro dvd system I've had for about 4 years that I still use in my family room downstairs. My downstairs livingroom is about 20x20 with a 25ft open to below sealing with tile floor. needlees to say, my micro system with an added polk sub fills the whole area up with great sound. Anyways, I connected the am3s and they really impressed me. No they dont sound as good as a full blown floorstand speakers with a 15' sub, but for the size and ability to hide them, they really do sound good. The bass is enough to play music at a decent level, and speaker and sub placement are must figure out to get the best sound. They sound even better in a room smaller with carpet, I also tried them in my bedroom. So, I decided to keep one set, and I will give the second to my dad. For 123.96, not a bad deal.

Purchased At:   Circuit City