Bose Acoustimass 15 Floorstanding Speakers

2.55/5 (310 Reviews) MSRP : $1400.00

Home Theater Speaker System

Submitted by Shmulik a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: February 2, 2004

Bottom Line:
I've had the AM15 for almost 3 years now and I'm upgrading to audiophile-grade speakers.
Comapred to other home theatre systems that I auditioned this one ranked #1.
If you are into multichanneling/DVD audio needs this one is one of the best in its price range. The sound from a DVD playback is clear and if you position the speakers right you'll get the sound encapsulation feeling similar to a movie theatre.
If you are into music skip them and all HT systems altogether. No sattelite speaker can get close to natural sound as main speakers can, no matter what it's called or how much it costs.

I've enjoyed my AM15 very much and I can't say bad things about it. The sound is very good in most of the frequency range. The subwoofer gives a lot of depth in the low frequencies.
I always thought that the sound is a little "flat" and "tight" for better way to describe it. But maybe because my hearning is very sensitive.

The best way to describe the AM15 is Head of the wolves and tail of the lions.

Purchased At:   Ebay

Submitted by Rogozhin a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: December 15, 2003

Bottom Line:
I bought this system for my grandmother-and also for myself because I wanted to hear "the bose expience".

Conclusion:

They are very very ugly sounding speakers-no dynamics range AT ALL and the frequency Response is just pathetic.

For $800 you can pick up the SD 300TIs and the RTS3s and be in heaven compared to these blaring monstosities.

I'm just appaled with bose.

rogo

Purchased At:   from friend

Submitted by Alex a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: December 14, 2003

Bottom Line:
Charles Lim from Indonesia. I'm sorry to say that Bose is equivalent to a Karaoke system and they are all crap.

There must be a reasoning why many people are bashing Bose. Get real. We can say that Bose is great stuff IF ONLY the price for these are at 200 bucks. At about 1000 dollars they are totally crap.

Submitted by regalman a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: July 27, 2003

Bottom Line:
Well it seems like a lot of people are bashing bose here! Well I have owned the AM16 for quite a while now, and have found it to be the most intriquing sound I have heard yet. I have been into the surround sound thing for quite sometime, 11+ years and listened to or have owned Infinity, Boston Accoustics, JBL, RTR, Polk, Cerwin Vega, and Monsoon. A lot of the speakers in my opionion have very good sound. But what you have to concentrate on is what the human ear can hear. A lot of you guys out there are probably putting a good speaker down regardless of bose, because there is not a good recevier used with these speakers. I admit bose is expensive, but in the long run when your running a 6.1 system, you need 7 speakers, 4 surround front and back and 2 centers front and rear, and then a sub. But In my summary of my review is that it seems Bose and Monsoon
have been the top in my book, thus you use the right hi-fi equipment along with it. If you need specs, all you have to do is call bose.

Purchased At:   Bose

Submitted by charles lim a Casual Listener

Date Reviewed: July 1, 2003

Bottom Line:
don't complain about it's sound quality.. i'm bored. thats why we have hi-end, karaoke, pc n other speaker system to choose, i'm using a pair of b&w 601 for my music listening pleasure n this killer bose for my HT in my "SMALL ROOM" be smart, buy things depends on what u need...,if i dont have bose...where should i put 6 gigantic wood speakers in my small room n i hate just by looking at a big rear speaker hanging in my wall

Purchased At:   bose store