Bose 901 Series VI Floorstanding Speakers

3.17/5 (260 Reviews) MSRP : $1398.00

Die Lautsprecher und der Equalizer der Serie VI, Modell 901 von Bose bilden in Verbindung mit Ihren Stereogeräten eine hervorragende Musikanlage. Der aktive Equalizer ist ein integrierter Bestandteil der Anlage und kann je nach den vorhandenen Geräten auf verschiedene Weise angeschlossen werden.

Submitted by angelzxr4ti@yahoo.com a Casual Listener

Date Reviewed: August 31, 2008

Bottom Line:
Let me start by saying these were my first speakers and i wish i still had them.I have had everyone tell me about how great magnepans altec vott are trust me i had them are they great yes but the 901s were not bad by no means neither.I now have a pair of electrovoice 15trx in some custom pbn enclosure that i would trade in a heartbeat for my bose.Do the electrovoice sound bad no they dont but its just not that important to me anymore i use to enjoy audio but now ive traded speakers so many times and actually i still like those 901s better because when i had them i listen alot mot more to music other then systems.I dont care if speakers have a frequency range up to 30k+ Sorry my ears arent that good if yours are by all means by them.If anyone wanna trade there cheap 901s for my system let me know i live in Tulsa Oklahoma and no i cannot ship the pbns to heavy i have them posted on craigslist also under electronics if you like to view what i have and what im willing to trade for.

Purchased At:   friends

Submitted by StevenArrow a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: August 27, 2008

Bottom Line:
These speakers have been around for years and not much has changed in its conceptual design. My first set of Bose were the 601 series one. I still have them and they still sound great after 30 years although I did replace the bass drivers (due to foam rot). The 601s work on the same theory as the 901s - direct reflected sound. The speakers handle as little as 30 watts and I have driven them hard with 120watts per channel. Easy placement and they still pound. Rock, Jazz, R&B all sound fabulous with classical and opera sounding amazing.

The 901's are somewhat different because speaker placement is critical. Simply following the guidelines in the manual is a good start, but all rooms have different sound dynamics so location refinement is essential to optimal listening. Once the speakers land in the 'g' spot (groove) they will come alive and consume the room with high fidelity like no other. Walk around the sound stage and be amazed. Deep sharp bass response, great highs and middles that can make you weep.

I went through great pains to make sure placement was optimal, but I also concentrated my efforts on the cable and power plants as well. I used 8 gauge OFC twisted pair with platinum connectors on both ends. I powered the speakers with a 200 watt per channel Chiro amplifier and Mcintosh preamp. I also incorporated a Marantz AC3 digital processor for my Rotel CD player and 32bit computer driven MP3's. Lastly, I installed a Sunfire woofer in the mix and I used a Litespeed power conditioner to finish things off. The results were stunning. The power handling of these speakers are phenom. As good as any live performance you can imagine even better.

Purchased At:   JR Musicworld

Submitted by yannaros a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: July 29, 2008

Bottom Line:
Hello once again

I repost my review since I upgraded my audio system

I used to own Rotel RA 980 BX 2X100W Intergraded Amplifier

and now my system consists:

Turntable Thorens TD 166 MK VI
BOSE 901 VI
HDTV Panasonic TH-42PZ77U
Monster Cable Interconnects
Monster Cable M1.2 Speaker Cable

The sound on BOSE 901 VI has dramatically changed.
Better clarity, soundstage, power.
I can hear detailed sound even at the lowest levels.

Lows, mids and highs are all there

Purchased At:   Bose

Submitted by kollector a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: July 8, 2008

Bottom Line:
This is one of the best speakers on the market. (for it's price) It is incredible what these speakers can do. The trick is knowing how to calibrate and position the speakers properly. A nice amp. will also be helpful. Accoustic is amazing. Overall, very nice sounding speakers for music lovers.

Submitted by Adam Henry a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: July 4, 2008

Bottom Line:
Bose 901 Series IV Direct Reflection Loudspeaker. Perhaps the most successful, and prolific loudspeaker design ever produced.
The 901 represents the career work of Dr Amar G. Bose Phd and contains some of the most innovative and clever out of the box thinking of any product of its type ever manufactured, presently available today.
The 40 year commercial success of the 901 Direct Reflecting concept speaks for itself as Bose remains today, one of the most respected, successful and universally recognized Icons in audio.

Purchased At:   Tape Town employee a

Bose 901 series VI Concerta

Has anyone heard of these? My dad bought a pair in Germany and he believes they are a limited edition. They are encased in a black acrylic just like you would find on a grand piano. Anyways, he has put me in charge of selling them because he's doing home theater and these aren't so great for that ... Read More »