Bose 10.2 Series II Floorstanding Speakers

4.59/5 (41 Reviews) MSRP : $1300.00

3-Way Floorstanding Speaker - 8" Woofer and (2) 2" Tweeters (Discontinued)

Submitted by junior a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: September 8, 2012

Bottom Line:
bose 10.2 series 2, great spkrs., pity bose discontued.had these spkrs. 24 yrs and still sounding good, loosing it tightness , wont replace , use as main spkrs to my av system . check out a company named "definitive technology" for spkrs. similar to the 10.2.

Submitted by Angel Mercado a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: May 6, 2012

Bottom Line:
These speakers are excellent at least to my ear. So great these 10.2s are theat i just got rid of my Polk SRS SDA speakers to put these back out in my listening space. No regrets either. between the 10.2 and the 901 which i hve had both, the 10.2 are much easier to drive and to place out in my room. i love them

Submitted by E Hall a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: December 26, 2009

Bottom Line:
I purchased my Bose 10.2 new as a replacement for the Bose 601 (which was damaged moving around in the military). I didn't care too much for the cabinet of the newer 601s'. When I first heard the 10.2s I had never heard of acoustimass technology back then (around 1991), the deep bass and clear high sounds was outstanding. The speakers had a forced air sound about them, like you could feel the music (nothing distorted about the sound). Today is 12/26/2009 and my speakers still sound as good as they did back in 1991. On certain songs, you cal still hear/feel the forced air sound quality of the speakers. It's hard to explain the feeling. I've had friends go, wow!!! My speakers are in mint condition, like they were when I first purchased them. The only negative, these are some very heavy speakers, approx. 46lbs each. Not too much of a problem as I don't move my speakers that much. If placed correctly, you hear that direct/reflecting technology that Bose is famous for. Sittting directly in front of one speaker, you can still hear the other speaker, and on some songs, you can feel air coming from the speakers.

Submitted by dukeorder a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: March 6, 2009

Bottom Line:
I was lucky that a friend of mine purchased a pair of 10.2 bose from tag sale for $150.00, because the side
(too big) his wife was not allow placing it in the living room , he gave it to me, I have owned many bose speakers 6.2, 301 , 2.2, 901..., it sound similar to the 6.2 bose speaker and use the same 4 ohm drives except the 10.2 have more drive and bigger cabinet provide a better sound boths bass and tweeter, with 10.2 you are not really need a subwoofer. My opinion 10.2 perhaps the best bose speaker that the company
ever make, same as 6.2, by the way I have two pairs of 6.2 to replace $2,400.00 B&W dm7
because it was similar sound quality for much less money it'the reason why i purchased, the 10.2 sound
even better than $ 1,700.00 b&w 604 , or $4000.00 dollars tanoy, so it belong in the high end group too bad bose have discontinued it

Submitted by Scoots a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: June 23, 2008

Bottom Line:
What treasure's to be found when you least expect......found these (dated 1988) models last weekend at a GoodWill store with some minor bumps and bruises but mainly quite intact and without any close viewable speaker damage. Asked the clerk if they were tested and said that one had a flutter sound in the left woofer....he also said he would bring the price down from $49.95 to (some might not believe) $19.95!!!!! He even helped me restle them into our car and when back at home and plugged in my 300 watt Yamaha and with much trepidation.......Perfect, clear with nothing but that excellent quality that older Bose speakers give. Beautiful crisp acoustics and very nice bass that their products lack in their newer over the top technology. Still can't belive I found such a great pair of excellance in a trift store! Highly recomend them if you can find them...I did! as of now I'm now driving them along with a pair of 501's from the 70's and with great balance.

Purchased At:   GoodWill

Bose 10.2 Series II on Ebay

I have placed the above speakers on ebay for sale since I have upgraded to new speakers. These speakers are in very good condition and still rock the house. These are some classic speakers that bose made back when they made good speakers (not the sat/sub systems nowadays). I have a minimum bid of ... Read More »