Bang & Olufsen BeoLab 4000 Floorstanding Speakers

Bass Reflex, Bi-Amped Speakers - 4.5" Drivers and 0.75" Tweeter

Submitted by Peter Seow a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: January 15, 2012

Bottom Line:
This speakers are excellent considering the size. Very happy with them. Partnered with a beosound 4000, the speakers sit on my desk in office. If I got down the hifi component route, I would have to spend just as much money, not to mention the space taken up by all the equipments that would make my office a messy. Well you might get better sound for a lower price, but you'll need to spend a lot of time to make a match like that and not to mention the time and space taken up. If time ans space is luxury to you i would wholeheartedly recommend this system. This is huge upgrade over the beosound 2500 which i used before.

I am using Duntech Sovereign in my hall so i know these speakers mean serious business

Submitted by bang_ a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: November 28, 2008

Bottom Line:
These are the most impressive speakers you may come across for the price and size.

The sound is utterly sublime, balanced and natural possibly one of B&O best products. I have mine as main speakers on their floorstands in my small lounge room with a BeoSound 4 and BeoVision 3-32 and they perform amazingly with any music / movie i put to them.

Had them over a year now and originally went to this site before deciding to buy them. I stand by each review posted here about these speakers. The experience is surreal when it's quiet and i sit in my listening position, close my eyes and turn them up.

When you own them you'll understand this completely and you'll never let them go!

Price Paid:    $2000.00

Purchased At:   eBay

Submitted by mch2304 a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: July 5, 2008

Bottom Line:
They look very sexy in the silver/grey colour. Wil lthey sound as good as they look?
Ahhhh yes a much bigger and solid perfermer than other speakers of a similar size. I have fallen in love with the sound they produce from a beosound 3200, and have made a decision that I will never sell these speakers just simply upgrade and move to another room when I feel the need for a change.

Submitted by Ben a Casual Listener

Date Reviewed: August 1, 2001

Bottom Line:
I spent a lot of time trying to determine which story was correct, either "very poor value for money" or "incredible performance in a beautiful package". During this process I met a percussionist from the Berlin Philharmonic on an airplane. He told me a story of how he spent months choosing his new $4000 CD player only to realise once he jot it home that he actually preferred the sound from his Sanyo DVD player. The morale of the story is twofold, firstly, you listen to it so buy what you like and try not to be influenced by other people’s opinions and, secondly, you have to live with it so buy something you like to look at too.
The BeoLab 4000’s have constantly amazed me with their ability to cope will every kind of music from heavy metal to jazz (not much classical in my life). Interestingly they sound much better at home than they did in the shop.
What I initially thought was a lack of bass compared to my old B&W P6's turns out to be incorrect. In fact the B&W's are noticeably more hollow, with comparatively less life in the midrange and too much bass. But a lot of bass in the shop sells speakers and impresses your friends. However I could never go back to them now.
These 2 small speakers easily fill my sparsely furnished 45 sq. meter living room with fantastic sound whilst at the same time looking great and having a rock solid build quality. If you have only tried these speakers in the shop or have avoided them because of magazine reviews then you could be missing out. Overall, highly recommended - good work B&O.

Submitted by FRANKLIN a Audiophile

Date Reviewed: December 17, 2000

Bottom Line:
WENT TO LISTEN TO A SMALL PAIR OF B&W ABD HALES SPEAKERS, THEY WERE APPROX. $1800 A PAIR PLUS AN AMP FOR A GRAND OR TWO. SOUNDED VERY GOOD, LISTENED TO A PAIR OF 4000'S, THEY HAVE TWO AMPS BUILT INTO EACH OF THEM. I WENT BACK AND FORTH LISTENING TO EACH PAIR THE WHOLE TIME THINKING ("I NEED SEPERATES THAT'S WHAT I'M SUPPOSED TO DO") AND (GOOD LOOKING SPEAKERS CAN'T SOUND GOOD") IT'S ALL CRAP THE BANG & OLUFSEN SPEAKERS SOUNDED BETTER, QUITE A BIT BETTER. I PURCHASED THEM AND HAVE BEEN VERY HAPPY EVER SINCE. I DECIDED TO LEARN A LITTLE MORE ABOUT B&O, ONE OF THE OLDEST AUDIO COMPANIES IN THE WORLD. THEY ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR THE FIRST WIRELESS REMOTE CONTROL, THE FIRST STEREO PICKUP, FIRST SYSTEM WITH PRESET RADIO STATIONS AND THE FIRST RADIO TO USE ELECTRICITY INSTEAD OF BATTERIES BACK IN 1926,ONE TOUCH TO MUSIC, MULTI ROOM ALMOST TWENTY YEARS AGO, NOT BAD FOR A COMPANY "JUST BASED ON DESIGN" GO EDUCATE YOURSELVES BEFORE BEING SO JUDGEMENTAL!

Purchased At:   B&O STORE