B.I.C. America REALTA Floorstanding Speakers

4.5/5 (8 Reviews)

3 way towers

Submitted by D.T.F a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: January 2, 2011

Bottom Line:
I bought my Realtas in 1997 for 636.00. I listened to countless brands, these were and still are the most neutral sounding speaker I've ever heard even at price ranges of thousands more and that was before I, along with Meniscus Audio Group, upgraded the drivers in 2007. The woofer section was switched with the same tens that are found in the once highly regarded Legacy Classics. The midranges are now drivers made from Peerless Audio. They are very responsive, if you thought they sounded good before do this upgrade. Realta owners you will be amazed!!!!!! I am currently working on a center channel design and if anyone knows were i can purchase a crossover from the bic realta plz send me an email davidthomasfarris@yahoo.com

Submitted by opiv1 a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: December 16, 2002

Bottom Line:
I have owned these speakers since new in 96. These replaced magnepan MG 3s. Lost some clarity but gained bass. I went through JBL L80Ts, Infinity RSIIBs,and the magnepans all were lacking. These have a great sound stage. Mids are not harsh.

Purchased At:   ACME TV& STEREO

Submitted by Michael a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: January 4, 2002

Bottom Line:
I have used these speakers for 5 years now and would say I am very pleased with their performance. I have them in my home theater set up with bookshelf sized BIC speakers as surround channels. I am driving them with 145w to each channel and have yet to hear any distortion within normal listening levels. I got them for a very good price at the time and am only sorry I didn't get another pair.

Purchased At:   Warehouse sale

Submitted by Bob a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: December 25, 2000

Bottom Line:
I purchased my Realta's when they were first introduced in 1993 (serial #'s 00009 & 00127). I auditioned kef Q series, and paradigm monitors before making this purchase. Imaging and detail are reproduced well at most sound level's. Though they fall (mildly) short of the prior speakers, the price vs. performance (this allowed funds to be used towards a better a/v reciever) was the edge over the competitors. If you plan on listening loud or long I HIGHLY recommend turning the treble on your reciever down. These speakers work very well for audio and video use, and can be equally impressive with the subtle passages as with explosions!

Submitted by Pat a Audiophile

Date Reviewed: July 17, 2000

Bottom Line:
I brought a pair home to try and the sound was incredible. They compare well with any of the large monitors I have owned or heard. They are way to large for most rooms and construction is not even close to anything that sound as good. Which means this is the best sounding, cheap mega I've ever heard.