B&W P5 Floorstanding Speakers

4.84/5 (25 Reviews) MSRP : $750.00

3-way, 4th-order twin vented box, free floorstander speakers - 6.5" Woofer, 6.5" Mid and 1" Tweeter

Submitted by serafin a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: February 28, 2014

Bottom Line:
Hi, i have this p5 Floor skeaker since 1996, but I need to replace the tweeters. Could someone recommend me a Tweeter brand, cause B & W does not have spare for this Speaker.
Thank in advace for your advice: Serafin Spain.

Submitted by Henrik Taagaard a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: October 5, 2012

Bottom Line:
Bought these speakers some months ago, and shifted the tweeters. They are very good looking and well build; real Ash tree. I use bi-wire, and they simply sound amazing; very rich sound, with lots of clarity and detail. The bass is so deep and well balanced, when watching a film it feels like being in a cinema. As well voices sound great; lots of depth and body. If you can find a pair, I highly recommend them. I have listened to many speakers, and these are absolutely the best I have heard. Of course I think they as well would be quite expensive if i had to buy them from new today in my country; Denmark.

Submitted by paul chatham a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: September 27, 2012

Bottom Line:
Since I bought the very little-used pair P5 from my brother who owns Thiel, I must say I've been very impresses with the clear, crisp, floating mid-range and highs. When listening to female voices, be it sopranos or those in an 8-voice,20-voice masses, they really stand out from the background bass. I suppose the dynamic gains are much higher,across the spectrum, in B&W than in other speakers. I tested much more expensive speakers like ProAc, Usher, TAD, etc. driven by big amplifiers(to give solid sound,but lacking the 'float characteristics of B&W), and P5 wins hands down.
The bass is quite adequate, one can feel the power everytime the drum hits.

Submitted by Michael H. a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: May 1, 2011

Bottom Line:
Just a great speaker!

Submitted by skipper320 a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: January 29, 2008

Bottom Line:
I purchased a pair of P5's in black ash. I know, the cherry finish is gorgeous, but I couldn't pass this pair up for the price. I have been listening to them for well over a year now and I can honestly say, they are the best speakers I have ever had in my system. The midrange is silky smooth with extended, but never harsh highs. The bass is deep and tight without being boomy. I am driving these with a Jolida 202a integrated tube amplifier. It puts out 40 wpc and it makes the P5's sing!.
One thing I did discover while tinkering is that the soundstage and midrange open way up when they are biwired. It made a huge difference in both width and depth.
If you can biwire, do it. You will be amazed. I listen to mostly jazz, vocals, and easy rock and they all sound as they should, clean, clear and fluid. Fortunately, I haven't had the same problems with the tweeters as other owners, but I was told by B&W tech support that they are available through them.
I couldn't be happier with these and I think You would need to spend much more to get a speaker this good in todays market. If you find a used pair, don't hesitate
BUY THEM!

System:
Jolida 202a amplifier
CAL CL-15 CD player
Project 2xpression turntable Grado gold cartridge
Synergistic alpha x2 speaker and interconnects

Purchased At:   audiogon

B&W P5 Speakers

Looking for NEW tweeters replacement for B&W P5 Speakers. You can write me at [email]zipcode100@hotmail.com[/email]. ThanksRead More »

Pinnacle P5.3 Center Channel

I am in the process of putting together a new HT system. Has any one heard anything abouth Pinnacle's P5.3 Center Channel speakers? I have not been able to find any reviews on them.Read More »