B&W Nautilus 802 Floorstanding Speakers

4.17/5 (143 Reviews) MSRP : $8000.00

Vented Floorstanding Speaker - (2) 8" Woofers, 6" Mid and 1" Tweeter

Submitted by Darren a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: December 1, 2013

Bottom Line:
Purchased these from Audio One in Ontario, Canada, I got a really great deal on these as they were on the look out for a nice pair for me for about 4 Months.

These Babies are very heavy, had a bit of trouble getting them in to my " Theatre of dreams" , they were hooked up with a Levinson 332 and an Anthem D2 Pre/Pro, for movies this combination and a Rotel RMB 1075 for the surround speakers were great, however for music something was missing, not the sound I wanted.

I changed the Anthem Pre/pro and replaced it with a VAC Standard LE Pre with Phono, now these Babies sing all night long with very little effort, the music comes alive and fills the "Theatre of Dreams" with life like concert sound,now I am only 2 Channel.

I know this is a review for the B&W 802 N, but I just have to mention the VAC and the beauty of this piece, hands down a great Preamplifier.

I love these Speakers.

Submitted by uriah50 a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: March 9, 2012

Bottom Line:
These are the absolute best speakers I ever owned and heard. I just love them and would never sell them for another brand.

Submitted by sbul2020 a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: April 21, 2011

Bottom Line:
Love reading some of the reviews trashing these speakers. They must be listening with mis-matched components or in a poor room, or both. And they definitely can't spell.
I've had my N802s for a couple of months now and originally had them connected to a mid-fi Denon receiver just to test, and was shocked at how good the combination sounded- in the RIGHT room. They've since been paired with a McIntosh amp and pre, MC352 and MX132 respectively. Using Oppo BDP-83SE for source. I'd say the 802s are a little bright and revealing, which I prefer, and I can see how pairing them with similar components would leave you turning the volume down on certain recordings. All's good with the Mac components though. Very dynamic speakers that make horns sound right. Mids and highs are very detailed, vocals are superb. Though bass extension is good and tight, they're not the last word in deep bass, which is my only critique.
Given what these can be had for on the used market, there aren't many options- new or used- that can better them. I've listened to 802 and 803 Diamonds, and to 803Ds, and personally can't justify the difference in price. I've owned 805Ns, 805Ss and 804Ns and they're all great speakers. I think the Nautilus line is a great value.

Submitted by Steven Bullock a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: April 21, 2011

Submitted by Peter Green a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: October 29, 2010

Bottom Line:
What a piece of junk. horible sound no substance. Not worthy any thing. I gues two star for looks jut about it

B&W 802 Nautilus

So, I'm starting to deal with a fellow in eBay for a pair of B&W 802 Nautilus. I know, they're not the "Ds". He is asking 1000 Euros (+/- $1560 CDN) including shipping, not bad for $8K speakers. They come with a 30 day money back deal and the 3 year factory warranty. These are probably the best s ... Read More »

What amplifier with Nautilus 802

:confused: Hi , I intend to buy Nautilus 802. Does anybody has them? What kaind of amplifier do you suggest? What is your opinion on Krell KAV 400xi??Read More »

help with B&W nautilus 802

Hello! i need help setting up my equipment. I currently use B&W nautilus 802s for my main speakers. i power them with a Musical fidelity CD-Pre 24 preamp alongside 4 musical fidelity m250 mono blocks. I am currently in the "bi-amp" setup. Is there any way i can get better sound with what i have? ... Read More »