Axiom Speaker Company Millennia M40 Ti Floorstanding Speakers

4.25/5 (12 Reviews) MSRP : $560.00

6 1/2" aluminum woofer; 1" titanium tweeter; Freq. Resp. Hz 40-22K; Anti-Standing-Wave Cabinet; Video Shielded

Submitted by Doc Holliday a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: August 16, 2007

Bottom Line:
Have been pretty happy with the M40s. Did not audition and went stictly on what I'd read online; was not disappointed. Not the last set of speakers you'll ever buy but an excellent starter if you're on a budget.

Purchased At:   Axiom website

Submitted by packman68 a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: January 16, 2007

Bottom Line:
I must say that these speakers are digustingly bright. They are also missing octives in the upper bass and lower midrange. If your thinking about buying these speakers used you should pass unless you like speakers such as polk or todays jbl speakers one can buy from besy buy.

Purchased At:   private

Submitted by Dan a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: August 14, 2002

Bottom Line:
After auditioning many makes of speaker around $1000, and reading the glowing reviews of the M3Ti, I ordered a pair of M40's from Axiom's website. Customer service was outstanding. After an initial period of ten hours, the speakers really started opening up, with no obvious emphasis on any part of the listening bandwidth. Plenty of bass, smooth extended highs, and they absolutely nail the midrange.

Very efficient, these speakers cry "tubes" and that will be my next addition.

Purchased At:   website

Submitted by Mark66 a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: August 14, 2002

Bottom Line:
Got to be the best buy out there. I paid $350 for the outlet pair delivered. I couldn't find any blemishes. A real solid speaker that blends smoothly across the entire range. After spending 3 months with them I don't think I need a sub. They get substantially deep enough. Should be on everybodies shopping list for a pair of reasonably sized towers. Save money on stands.

Purchased At:   Website

Submitted by BigL a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: June 17, 2002

Bottom Line:
Axiom was running a sale for subscribers of it's e-newsletter, so for $315 I couldn't resist.
These speakers replaced a pair of Axiom's excellent M3's. Even though they share the same drivers, to me the M40's sound better. When I initially set up the M40's I left all the settings on my receiver "as-is". That meant the speakers settings were "Small" with a 80Hz crossover. So when I listened to the M40's I figured the bass would sound the same as the M3's but the bass had a lot more presence to it. The mid-range sounded better too. Now, I have them set-up as "Large" with a 60Hz crossover and they sound better yet.
These are what I think people would call "transparent" speakers in that, to me, what you put in you get out. Garbage in, garbage out. These speakers will tell you if your recordings aren't up to par. The M3's by comparison, were a little more "laid back" and forgiving of crappy recordings.
For what I paid for them, the Axiom M40's represent the best bang for the buck investment I've made for my system yet. I think you'd have to spend AT LEAST twice as much to get the same sound quality from any other manufacturer

Purchased At:   Axiom factory outlet