Avalon Acoustics Sentinel Floorstanding Speakers

Submitted by Lenn a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: December 27, 2016

Bottom Line:
The reviewer who pities the poor sod who cant afford the Avalon Speakers should be ashamed of himself. To boast in such a crass manner makes anything said by such a person "poisoned." In the old IBM, someone who behaved like that would have been fired on the spot - a very difficult status to achieve in IBM but they made exceptions for people not worthy of the IBM culture.
By the way the Avalons are exceptional speakers and worth the price if they bring an individual the commensurate pleasure. I only wish Avalon Acoustics could filter the worthiness of a customer in addition to the ability to pay. I am currently auditioning speakers and trying to decide between Wilson Audio and Avalon Acoustics - while very different, they are both exceptional.

Submitted by AudiophileES a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: August 22, 2002

Bottom Line:
The Avalon Acoustics Sentinel edition loudspeakers are quite possibly the best loudspeakers in existence today. Though I am not privileged enough to actually own them, I have previously auditioned them and can personally attest to their beautiful performance. I might add that $90000 is not in fact "too much" for a pair of loudspeakers if they indeed bring the listener closer to the music. Though this might seem pricey to a “casual listener”, a true audiophile would pay any sum for an audio component that provides a more lifelike music experience. If you do not have the proclivity to understand this, then you should not be lecturing on what price is too high for a loudspeaker, or, for that mater, any other component in the audio reproductive chain. This, especially if you have never even actually heard that product perform!!!!!!!! In conclusion, if you do not truly understand the essence of the high-end audio experience, please leave the reviewing to those of us who do!

Submitted by Bart Koen a Casual Listener

Date Reviewed: June 14, 2002

Bottom Line:
I am glad we can use computers right now.... I am deaf. I can communicate with email. Great product, I can feel the music !! We also use it for our bussiness ==> we re-build bathrooms and we always need to break the walls out first. With Metallica it is always successfull

Purchased At:   Mexico City black ma

Submitted by Jim a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: February 23, 2002

Bottom Line:
90,000 what, not U.S. Dollars I Hope!!!

Folks I am a Finish Carpenter and Stair Builder. Sometimes, for a Grand Staircase or "Grand" Grand Entry Door, It is the highest most outrageous bid that gets the contract.
If you or your significant other feels a need to tell others that you paid "BLAH, BLAH, BLAH$$$$$" for whatever "handcrafted" (doubtful) "masterpiece" (more doubtful) then go for it.
Incidentally, I did get the chance to "test drive" a pair of these speakers at a home cinema I built. Phenominal sound quality, but remember... Speakers REPRODUCE sound, and for 90K you buy quite a few concert tickets!

My speakers are one of a kind (I built 'em)
I have $1682.42 worth of drivers and electronics, and about $400 worth of wood MDF and other materials.
BTW YES!, Yes I'd put 'em up against these speakers any day as long as the same equipment was used to drive each.
(I use 2 Crown Microtech 1200's, and 2 Microtech 2400's. -Pro Sound reinforcement gear... but pretty good stuff for my budget!)
I could honestly see spending 15-20k on these speakers, but 90!!!
-C'mon!

Submitted by M.D. a Casual Listener

Date Reviewed: January 23, 2002

Bottom Line:
If I hadn't seen it with my own eyes, I wouldn't have believed it. $92,000.00 for a pair of speakers!?

I wouldn't pay $92,000.00 for most houses...!?

I LOVE high-fidelity, but this is almost beyond belief.

For $92,000.00 one had better hear the voice of God every time one fires electrons through a pair!!!

Hummmm, I wonder what God would say about this?

I'm sorry for the criticism, but $92,000.00 is just bizzare...

Get help.