Aura LINESOURCE LSB-627M Floorstanding Speakers

4.35/5 (20 Reviews)

BOOKSHELF, MONOPOLE TWEETER/6.5" MIDRANGE

Submitted by gard0399 a Casual Listener

Date Reviewed: November 15, 2007

Bottom Line:
Wow.. These babies are a steal. I had them hooked up to my intergrated AVR before and ho-hum. They were okay. But you give them a decent signal and about 75 watts and these puppies sing. No way am I suggesting they will become your favorite main speaker, but as a rear surround. You cant go wrong. I had my adcom 535 II powering them and wow. Great Highs and Mids, low a little weak, but it only has a single 6" woofer ( Ported ). Long story short, I would have easy paid $200-300 a pair for these.

Purchased At:   online

Submitted by cknoch a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: February 20, 2002

Bottom Line:
Mine are the tower model.

For the price...who can gripe? I bought these for rears or the bedroom, and they're good for that. Mine aren't even broken in yet, but they are passable. Not a ton of bass, but the voice coils are still stiff so maybe they'll loosen up, mids are weak, highs are very "silky", but fairly accurate and pleasant. Perfect for surround use, rears, garage or bedroom. I'm driving them with an 80 wpc Marantz and that's about all (or a little bit more) than they can handle. Quality is surprisingly good and finish is decent. Overall...a great bargin.

Purchased At:   eBay

Submitted by mike jacobi a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: January 30, 2002

Bottom Line:
Just a steal from ubid Sound is clean and pleasing . Are not as effecient as Infinity speakers but are far higher build quality . Packaged very well so do not worry about shipping . Combined with the LSC37 center they are sweet deal. My friend thought they were more expensive than his BOSE package. Must buy them soon . U-bid told me they have less than 50 left.

Purchased At:   ubid

Submitted by RocketJohn a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: January 23, 2002

Bottom Line:
I am reviewing the TOWER model of this speaker... the LST-627s... Made in the USA...

Cabinet quality: perfect for a speaker in the $500-1000 range... gold banana connectors, nice black finish, very non-offending design... neutral, non descript...

Sound quality: shockingly crisp and absolutely perfect for a Home Theatre setup... I use the Aura Center Speaker for the center and the same towers for my surrounds... they were so inexpensive, I thought, why not?

I highly recommend Aura products...

Purchased At:   UBID

Submitted by F Nerkowsky a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: January 17, 2002

Bottom Line:
I am also reviewing the Aura speaker LSW-628M. My LSW-628M has a 6.5" woofer and a monopole linaeum tweeter.

I bought mine very inexpensively at a local farm/hardware/appliance store, of all places. Skeptical at first, I took a pair home to listen to for a few days based on the reviews I found here and in a periodical I consulted at the library. I tested these speakers connected to a Harmon Kardon receiver against the Boston Acoustics 6" 2-ways that I was using previously. In my opinion, the Auras sounded better than the $175 BA's before the Aura's were broken in. I am grateful to those who submitted reviews for this product, as I bought four and have them powered by a HK avr receiver and mated with a fine 12" subwoofer.

After the break-in period, they are really get impressive. They clear up and sound very warm. The highs are very clean and the lows are accurate, tight, and not boomy. I think that they are pretty neutral, and they have great soundstage. The build quality is also very good.

In my opinion, these speakers can compete with popular bookshelf speakers that I have heard that cost from $150 to $400 each. If you can find these speakers at these amazing low prices, buy them. You'll be astounded by the bargain.

Purchased At:   local store