Audiofile 830LR Floorstanding Speakers

2.95/5 (117 Reviews)

Basic floor speakers

Submitted by rich a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: March 12, 2015

Bottom Line:
I bought these from a local person sellig on line, he wanted like 100.00 for them noticed right away i needed a tweeter, gave him 30.00, think he was a crack head. Well anyways i hooked them up to small 50 watt kennwood receiver, sounded like crap no bass, added two vintage bostin acustis tweeters fit fine added a much larger amp and EQ, sound great, also hva a set of vintage 3way fishers hooked upit all kicks good... not bad. For 30.00

Submitted by Jason a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: February 9, 2015

Bottom Line:
I got these speakers in Sydney, Australia from a white van driving around offering speakers back in 2001.

Discussing them with a friend who thinks they sound great, we had a Google in year 2015...

14 years of use and I think they are wonderful.

It took several hours of seriously loud music to blow 1 tweeter at a party.

My other speakers are Energy from Canada, I really can't say the expensive Energy speakers are any better than these Audiofiles..

I paid AUD$1000 for 4x speakers. (around US$800 all up)

I have used them on a Yamaha stereo amp (150W RMSx2) and a 6.1ch Denon (120W RMSx6)

One tweeter blew, replaced with with a new Wharfedale tweeter that looks the same and has similar sound.

Submitted by Mike Godar a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: August 26, 2014

Bottom Line:
Hello
Found a black finish pair at a local Goodwill for $15.00 First glance they look quality and the cabinets are heavy.Look similar to JBL towers.Did not think they were scam speakers at the time.That said, they are ok for the money
One tweeter was found blown
Overall they do not sound bad.Then again they do not reflect the product name. Pushed 50 watts full power and they handled the bass ok
Going to outfit the set with a set of tweets and they should sound better.
I buy and sell audio so plan to re-sell the pair for $60.00 for quick sale.Excellent starter speakers for new comers to the vintage audio experience
MG

Submitted by Kyle a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: April 24, 2014

Bottom Line:
So I hear that these are white van scam speakers, Everyone sits here and makes jokes about how crappy they are and stuff. Truth be told if you havent ever heard them or tested them out all of your opinions dont count for SH**... Anyways, I recieved my first pair of these "audiofiles lol" From my friends mom who found them in the trash, took em home and set em up, subs didnt work.... So I tore everything out of the box, It took a few hours of soldering but I rewired em, Chucked the old crossover that was in there, and hooked em up to my old A/V Pioneer pushin around 150 watts per channel on stereo. These things quake. Ive now had this pair PLUS another pair that I found in the trash. I put about 15$ into a set of 4 of these (solder iron, and solder), I havent had a single issue in the 5 goin on 6 years that I've had these and there still goin strong... The only thing that I will say is the craftsmanshift of the speaker boxes are half assed and the crossover that they have originally is junk I would definetly recommend these speakers to someone, Just dont pay over 100$ a pair unless you can check them out inside and out.

Submitted by Ismael Ruiz a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: June 11, 2013

Bottom Line:
Ok