Audiofile 830LR Floorstanding Speakers

2.9/5 (113 Reviews)

Basic floor speakers

Submitted by Ismael Ruiz a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: June 11, 2013

Bottom Line:
Ok

Submitted by amazinghouse a Casual Listener

Date Reviewed: August 31, 2012

Bottom Line:
I purchased these speakers without checking them out first. I know that's a stupid thing to do, but although they originally came into existence through a scam, I'm not unhappy. I bought them at a thrift store for $40.00 for the pair, and so far the sound is good. I do listen to classical music, but I'm not an expert that needs top of the line equipment.

Product model year:   2008

Submitted by dennis campo a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: January 17, 2012

Bottom Line:
Was really surprised @ the quality of sound produced,heard em at a pawn storeand the 200 bux jumped outa my pocket, have been delighted with them ever since.I run em thru a Denon 4306ci with my B &W -602s and cdm-cnt(2) also Denon blu-ray,and Denon 5 disc carousel.these really hold their own.GreT audio for the price!

Submitted by whitesofthereeyes a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: May 11, 2011

Bottom Line:
Dont realy know the year but keep it simple I run 4pr and 2pr of M&K subs with my 2 DENON 2200 POA and a DENON PRE & AMP INT and lived out in the countey I had a nabor a half mile away say he could here them made his windows ratel runing at 16 om hitting 120 db eazy sound as good as a lot of speakers ln the 1000s of doller rang bought used at pon shops will buy moor later just to go to 16 om better sound I think tryed them at 4 om all ready with what I have use the 2200 as mono blocks anyhow if you get the chance get some

Submitted by mitchell a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: May 3, 2011

Bottom Line:
I just thought I would put in two cents on this... Only reason i ended up coming to the forums is to find a replacement tweeter for one of my 583lr's. If you can manage to find a pair like i did on craigslist. Buy them! I paid a guy $50 who must have paid way more judging from what i've read and I think they are comparable to sonys. I just need to go to fry's and find a couple tweets to replace both sides now. Great speakers for the price. IDK about 400watts but they are plenty loud.