Audiofile 830LR Floorstanding Speakers

2.92/5 (114 Reviews)

Basic floor speakers

Submitted by Kyle a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: April 24, 2014

Bottom Line:
So I hear that these are white van scam speakers, Everyone sits here and makes jokes about how crappy they are and stuff. Truth be told if you havent ever heard them or tested them out all of your opinions dont count for SH**... Anyways, I recieved my first pair of these "audiofiles lol" From my friends mom who found them in the trash, took em home and set em up, subs didnt work.... So I tore everything out of the box, It took a few hours of soldering but I rewired em, Chucked the old crossover that was in there, and hooked em up to my old A/V Pioneer pushin around 150 watts per channel on stereo. These things quake. Ive now had this pair PLUS another pair that I found in the trash. I put about 15$ into a set of 4 of these (solder iron, and solder), I havent had a single issue in the 5 goin on 6 years that I've had these and there still goin strong... The only thing that I will say is the craftsmanshift of the speaker boxes are half assed and the crossover that they have originally is junk I would definetly recommend these speakers to someone, Just dont pay over 100$ a pair unless you can check them out inside and out.

Submitted by Ismael Ruiz a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: June 11, 2013

Bottom Line:
Ok

Submitted by amazinghouse a Casual Listener

Date Reviewed: August 31, 2012

Bottom Line:
I purchased these speakers without checking them out first. I know that's a stupid thing to do, but although they originally came into existence through a scam, I'm not unhappy. I bought them at a thrift store for $40.00 for the pair, and so far the sound is good. I do listen to classical music, but I'm not an expert that needs top of the line equipment.

Product model year:   2008

Submitted by dennis campo a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: January 17, 2012

Bottom Line:
Was really surprised @ the quality of sound produced,heard em at a pawn storeand the 200 bux jumped outa my pocket, have been delighted with them ever since.I run em thru a Denon 4306ci with my B &W -602s and cdm-cnt(2) also Denon blu-ray,and Denon 5 disc carousel.these really hold their own.GreT audio for the price!

Submitted by whitesofthereeyes a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: May 11, 2011

Bottom Line:
Dont realy know the year but keep it simple I run 4pr and 2pr of M&K subs with my 2 DENON 2200 POA and a DENON PRE & AMP INT and lived out in the countey I had a nabor a half mile away say he could here them made his windows ratel runing at 16 om hitting 120 db eazy sound as good as a lot of speakers ln the 1000s of doller rang bought used at pon shops will buy moor later just to go to 16 om better sound I think tryed them at 4 om all ready with what I have use the 2200 as mono blocks anyhow if you get the chance get some