Audio Pro Blue Diamond Floorstanding Speakers

4.81/5 (16 Reviews)

Amplifier: 150 Watt ace-bass Drivers: Treble: 3/4" soft dome Midrange: 6,5" Woofer: 10" long thwow Frequency range: 18-22.000Hz

Submitted by Luiz Diogo a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: April 8, 2009

Bottom Line:
I bought these speakers as replacement to my FOCAL CHORUS 826V speakers, that suffered an accident (and I decided to sell them to a second-hand equipment buyer a couple of months before). Well, the experts may think that I understand nothing of sound, according to the reviews I see in specialized magazines, but I consider these AUDIO PRO BLUE DIAMOND V2 superior. I have in my hands one such magazine that ranks the FOCAL´s 10 points above them. Well, I´m not an expert, but I have been listening to music, live concerts and audio equipment all my life. I have been to demonstration rooms with equipment costing in the range of 5 or 6 digits (US dollars) that I obviously could not think of buying (For that money I could invite Mr. Daniel Baremboim himself to play at my leaving room, or maybe the Berlin Philarmonica). Well, back to Earth, those AUDIO PRO speakers were a great surprise. I confess I was a little worried when I discovered that the speakers I had bought in internet had each a sub-woofer! I suspected they were fit to home cinema, mostly. Then, I went to the retailer for a test drive. Well, it sounded very good. Therefore, I decided to keep them, took them home, connected to my MARANTZ SACD player and to a CAMBRIDGE AUDIO amplifier. Placed the CHOPIN NOCTURNES disc by daniel Baremboim, closed my eyes and .... ..... it was like listening to .... a very good equipment, of course. Nothing like the real thing (somenthing I could obtain only with those six-digit equipment) but definitly very superior to the FOCAL´s I had before. To me, it was not so big a surprise, since I had read some reviews with very good impressions about the AUDIO PRO, also. And of course I expected the 10-inches woofers of the AUDIO PRO´s to produce a better bass fidelity than any conjunction of 6 or 8 inches midaranges! Good that I didn´t followed those expert reviews, althougt I would not dispute their reasoning. They must have done specialized tests that I cannot do, and must have their arguments. But I go on very happy with my purchase.

Product model year:   2009

Submitted by baz a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: November 13, 2006

Bottom Line:
The Audio Pro Blue Diamond is an awsomw speaker.
I have owned high quality sytems up to Bang& Olufsen so I am not afraid to speka my mind on quality and price.
Audio pro Blue Diamond is without doubt one of teh best speakers I have bought.
If in doubt, AUDTION them, no question and you will see what I mean.
If you like , crisp, clean,bassy sound then these these are the speakers for you.

Make sure you have good quality speaker and interconnect cables to get the best out of them, you'll be amazed at the results.

Purchased At:   England

Submitted by vidarv a Casual Listener

Date Reviewed: June 30, 2003

Bottom Line:
superb bass and crisp discant, absense of mid-tones

Purchased At:   2nd hand

Submitted by Vidar v a Casual Listener

Date Reviewed: June 30, 2003

Bottom Line:
superb bass and crisp discant, absense of mid-tones

Purchased At:   2nd hand

Submitted by SandWhale a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: September 9, 2002

Bottom Line:
Its sound isn't warm but little cold so it's great to listen to cold-music like Enya. I hate internal subwoofer so much. It make a little vibrant "Image". I think Black Diamond is better.