Audio Physic Yara II Evolution Floorstanding Speakers

• Frequency range: 42 Hz - 33 kHz
  • Sensitivity: 89 dB

Submitted by CleanAudio a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: December 27, 2017

Bottom Line:
LIke the previous reviewer I have owned numerous mid/high-end speakers, from Totem Hawks and Arros to PSB Stratus Silvers and Polk Audio LSiM 703s.

These speakers excel at creating a very detailed soundstage, especially with acoustic guitar and piano recordings. Instruments sound very natural, with decay for each instrument sounding as authentic as being in the same room as the performers. Pianos, saxophones and acoustic guitars image very well on these speakers, and vocals, especially female, are outstanding. As much as I love the Totem Arro these are even more natural and effortless sounding. Treble is soft, with no hint of harshness at any frequency. Being 4 Ohm speakers one must take care to mate them with capable electronics.

If I had a gripe it would be in the bass department. Being a two-way design these speakers do not play deep, but the bass that is there is tight and fast. I use an Anthony Gallo TR-1 subwoofer to assist here, and they mate very well together.

I would say the previous reviewer might consider a change in source electronics and/or room treatments. Even hi-end electronics like Naim can be picky with matching speakers.

For an excellent review of the original Yara Evolution see here:

Product model year:   2008

Submitted by FlonFlon a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: June 6, 2016

Bottom Line:
I am 50 ( not my first pair of speaker ) . I own a Naim system ! 32.5/snaps/250 .

the speakers were sounding good at the store audition room . At my house in what ever room I listen then in they sound Harsh , Dull speaker with no particular things that make you love them , the type of speakers that you only want to lower the volume ,,, in fact I hate them ,,, 1700$ stupidly invested I should have simply purchased a new pair of Magnepan MMG at 600$,, DONT BUY on impulse take time to test them in your house ..