Audio Artistry Dvorak Floorstanding Speakers

3.8/5 (5 Reviews)

Tower/subwoofer system. Requires biamping

Submitted by Dan a an Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: September 14, 1999

Bottom Line:
These speakers may be the best on the planet, but don't plan on Audio Artistry or their Dallas Rep., returning your phone calls or e-mail. I have tried for over six months to hear these speakers. I have even considered traveling to the production plant, but no one will contact me.
That said, I caution everyone to beware. If they won't even contact you for a sale, I wonder if they would support you once they've sold you the speakers.

Submitted by Ken a an Audiophile

Date Reviewed: August 30, 1999

Bottom Line:
"Natural" is the keyword for these speakers -They are quite neutral.This pays off in long weekend-type listening sessions.
However, in shorter weekday periods, I prefer a (slightly) jazzier presentation.
Something to consider is the cloth envelope surrounding the main towers.
If you blow a tweeter, your sending them back to the factory!
All of the plastic collars have split on the speaker cable binding posts (total
of six). The company sent a replacement for the first but will not send anymore
claiming probable misuse on my part.
I've also heard a company principle, S. Linkwitz, is no longer associated
with the company.
Good speaker - Limp Company.

Duration Product Used:   an Audiophile

Submitted by Eric Nelson a an Audiophile

Date Reviewed: April 8, 1999

Bottom Line:
I am using the Dvorak system with a pair of Parasound 2200IIs, and I loveto listen to them. Not many speakers that I have heard sound as inviting,
with such a large soundstage. The soundstage does not collapse when you
move off-center, unlike most other speakers. Female vocalists sound particularly musical with this system, as does jazz and classical. The
speaker is not quite as strong with rock music, but it is still good.

It will be a very long time before I upgrade my speakers, and I will only
upgrade to something in the $20,000+ range, anything less would most likely
be a downgrade. This speaker is equal to the Merlin VSM-SE, but nothing else
(that I have heard) in it's price range is comparable.

Duration Product Used:   an Audiophile

Submitted by Jerry a an Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: March 21, 1999

Bottom Line:
These will be the last speaker system I'll purchase - I'm that pleased with the sound. They do take 2X the amplifiers, but I found that one of the multiple-channel THX-rated home theater power amplifiers works well. The bi-polar approach, and no cabinet resonances make the sound more realistic than most other speaker systems. And the low end beats other panel-type speakers I've heard.

Submitted by Dr. Death a an Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: February 4, 1999

Bottom Line:
I've had these for about 3-1/2 years now. They were way beyond what I was initially looking to spend, but upon hearing them...well, I was hooked. I had listened to many other speakers (Martin-Logan, Wilson, Vandersteen, PSB, NHT to name a few) but NONE of them had the naturalness to them that these had (the M-L's came close, but lost out in the low end). On the downside, they require two GOOD amplifiers to run them. The rest of my system is as follows:
Turntable: VPI HW-19 mkIII/Audioquest PT-6/Benz-Micro Glider
CD Player: Pioneer Elite PD-65
Preamp: Audio Research LS-3
Phono Preamp: Aaragon 47k
Amplifiers: Aaragon 2004 MkII (2)
Cables: Tara Labs Prism 22

Sounds great on all well recorded music - orchestral, chamber, jazz, hip-hop, rock, country, blues.

Hey PatD (and all others) Dvorak Symphony no. 9.

I find watching classical music performances to be very interesting so I tuned into PBS last night to catch Live At Lincoln Center. They opened with Beethoven's Violin Concerto in D which was very interesting but got a little repetitive. Towards the end I was starting to lose interest and wondering ... Read More »