Atlantic Technology System 4.5 Floorstanding Speakers

6 speaker system w/same midrages as Sys450THX, dipole suppounds, and 150watt sub

Submitted by Vijay Gade a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: October 2, 2003

Bottom Line:
Please understand that this is purely a personal impression. I might be 100% wrong.
I debated a lot between AT, B&W, JBL, and needless to say, BOSE. The bass was exceptionally bad with BOSE! You could also locate the speaker placement with your eyes closed. B&W lacked the depth, while JBL, I could again tell the speaker location. Basically I tested with MP3's, normal Audio CD's, DVD Audios and DTS surround movies.
The AT's excelled in all these fields. I was told that the AT's lag in music but are good for home theaters. But I did not find any such differences. Maybe it's something to do with the receiver. I use the Pioneer Elite VSX-43.

Purchased At:   http://www.reliablea

Submitted by Orlando a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: February 1, 2002

Bottom Line:
Outstanding System. My whole family loves them. I use them for both Movies and music and it actually increases my enjoyment. I was a music major so I have spent quite a bit of time listening to music. I had purchased a Bose system first saw a demo in the store and was impressed by the size and sound. But when I set it up at home are started listening to my music. (To put it basic as possible) There were instruments that could no longer be heard. But i read about the 4.5 here went for a listen and even my wife and a friend who is deaf in one ear heard a immediate difference between the two. If you get one of these sets you will not be sorry

Purchased At:   Uncle''s Stereo

Submitted by Gerald Lavish a Audiophile

Date Reviewed: August 8, 2001

Bottom Line:
A short while ago, I decided to completely revamp my home theater audio setup. The first change I made was to purchase the Yamaha RX-V3000 A/V reciever and was to be followed up by an upgrade to my speaker system. I listened to various configurations and setups, and just fell in love with the ATs. The room I am using this in is on the small side, so, I didn't need anything over the top, but these pack a punch. The highs are crisp and clear while the bass just punches through the floor. The sub at 10" definitely overachives for its size. Also, having dipole rears is a nice bonus. The center channel has the nice little bonus of being able to adjust the gain on it for movies that are particulary difficult to hear the dialog in.

As far as the company goes, their customer service is first rate. When my speakers arrived, one of my rear dipole tweeters was dented. I called AT, and they shipped me a new tweeter no questions asked, no serial number verification. The girl on the phone actually remembered packing my boxes (I guess because very few of their orders go directly to customers as opposed to retailers). To top things off, the tweeter arrived the next day FEDERAL EXPRESS. The way AT handled this whole issue really impressed me.

In closing, I have to say that thanks to Atlantic Technologies, my neighbors (I live in an apartment) get to feel the bombardment on the beaches of Normandy when I watch "Saving Private Ryan" or live the repeated stress of being crushed by depth charges in "Das Boot" along with me. At this point they must probably hate me...

Do yourself a favor... get these speakers, enjoy home theater bliss, and have your neighbors hate you too! :)

Purchased At:   Starpower, Dallas TX

Submitted by Thomas Chan a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: November 17, 1999

Bottom Line:

I have these for about 3 months now. The more I listen to them, the better they seem to get. I can hear instruments/sound which I never heard before on my CDs

Home theater really rocks. with my Denon 3300, if I turn up my Sub, my whole apt shakes.

Submitted by WayneY a an Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: July 12, 1999

Bottom Line:
After two months with the 4.5 system, I am impressed by the clarity of the front channels for both movies and music. The adjustability of the center channel and subwoofer is a plus. The powered sub is quite powerful, and like any sub, it pays to position it well. I prefer the dipole surrounds for movies, and they work fine with the 5 channel stereo sound through my Denon receiver. The black gloss finish looks great, and I got the custom stands for the front r/l speakers. I purchased the 4.5 system after auditioning the Definitive Technology Pro Cinema, the Polk 7300, and the Energy line.