ATC SCM 20 Floorstanding Speakers

Submitted by afan a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: May 15, 2005

Bottom Line:
My friend has ATC SCM-20. I have spent a lot of time in his house trying to find a weekness of the speaker. Trying all kinds of music. At last, I brought my Aplifier and CD player to his house, My gear seems to work well. I then purchase a used pair from AudioGON.
After a week, the speaker arrived, I called in sick. So I can check the speak, hook it up, and start to listen. It worths calling a day off. I listen to one record after another. Then I realize, I have been turning the volume up a bit more and more. The ATC takes it and performs without holding back. I have reached so loud, I have never done to my old Bose. with 3 other floor standing speaker. I do a blind AB test with my friends. ATC beats everyone else. All my friends agree that without seeing, it sounds like full size speaker set. One of my friend ran back and brought his MK 336. We hook them up. Again, ATC takes it and pushes himself to another level. There is some minimal power needed for ATC. My original HK 8000 is just good enough to make the ATC going. I am now hunting for a big AMP.

Purchased At:   AudioGON

Date Reviewed: July 19, 2003

Bottom Line:
Great speaker with great slam,transparency,details yet quiet awesome deep tight bass(seal box)small speaker with big sound...etc etc yet to discover

Purchased At:   internet

Date Reviewed: July 4, 2003

Bottom Line:
I was playing with a pair of Wilson5 for few months but find that it sound very hifi.Lacks of emotion,highs are dry not transparent bass boxy so is the lower mid.Music is floating not slam so when to a secondhand dealer to trade it in.So I tell the salesman my problem.He recommended a pair of ugly looking speaker(ATC SCM 20)told me I'll love it.My wife doesn't like the look of that speaker but the shop was kind enough to loan it to try.WOW WOW was my first test on Wilson test disc.My wife and I was amazed so are my friends who are paying much more for their speakers.I end up spend 4 hours a day on music rather than HT.The SLAM,DYNAMIC,EXCELLECT SPEED ,TEXTURE,TIMBRE RICHES,AIRY well the speakers just disappeared.This speaker specs.,I don't have but friends and I it will be around 32-20khz.

Purchased At:   dealer

Date Reviewed: July 2, 2003

Bottom Line:
If you wanna buy a monitor speaker try ATC 10 or 20 U'll not regret.Is the best at its price.Is really one hell of a speaker.

Purchased At:   store

Submitted by Glenn Andre a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: May 14, 2003

Bottom Line:
A superlative product that demands the finest ancillaries to sound its best. Incredibly accurate, detailed, dynamic, and with virtually no distortion, these speakers make discs of plastic sound like real music. Expensive, but worth the price of admission.

Purchased At:   Canadian Hi Fi